cali cobs

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
better yet, can you spot, locate and count all the bells along the El Camino real strip while your doing that??? there are quite a few left, though quite a few have been boosted...have fun

db

OP
OP
C

calan

Greenie
Mar 19, 2008
okc
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro
actually there are large sections of the trail that run through more remote areas, and these areas dont see much
foot traffic at all- if any- im interested in finding their rest areas between the missions- any input- thanks- chris

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The missions are each separated by about 30 miles; one day's hard ride or a three day walk to the next mission. You might then look near the 10-and 20-mile markers between the missions for possible rest areas.
Don.....

OP
OP
C

calan

Greenie
Mar 19, 2008
okc
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro
i was thinking of the area to the east - in the angeles national forest- by the 395- chris

OP
OP
C

calan

Greenie
Mar 19, 2008
okc
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro
i dont have the map infront of me right now, but i think its the trail to new mexico- ill post the trail name when i get home tonight- chris

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, a second ECR trail was also made going west from Atrisco. The western portion of the trail is what colonized Arizona and California. That trail initially stopped in San Bernardino; later, it ended at the city of El Monte.

OP
OP
C

calan

Greenie
Mar 19, 2008
okc
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro
i plan on scouting the area later this week after i match the map up with my topo and sat maps- i just think the odds are alot better in an area that has remained remote and undeveloped- chris

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
calan said:
i plan on scouting the area later this week after i match the map up with my topo and sat maps- i just think the odds are alot better in an area that has remained remote and undeveloped- chris

Please keep us posted, sounds like some cool adventure. Find some cobs to keep this post on topic! <just kidding>

Thanks!
Stan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread