California Dreamin

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well the guys in sunny California CANT go dredgeing and here I sit , CAN go dredgeing (with pain shots done yesterday) and I cant find any one in Misery to go with me . I cant haul the dredge to the creek or back from it by myself anymore so its smart to bring another along! I offered to teach anyone to dredge at THEIR location for a weekend and NO TAKERS! I guess ill wait until the Misery River goes back down this fall and plop her in the River by myself! there probly wont be much gold found there but on the bright note , I wont have to split with anyone! And its close to my home!

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will be visiting family in the area late next month or early September. Maybe I can go through St Louis instead of Chi-town and spend a day out with you! Be great to try out someplace different!

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
If the flooding would only stop and go back down! every Spring we go through the same ole thing here in the Midwest. and they say its only going to get wetter over the years. send me a PM a week or so before you come to make sure im up-n-round!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have felt your pain Russ ol'friend as the next weeks will tell the tide. My shots are holding but at 1/3 speed as do not ever want to go back to LL again. Up to 3/4 mile again in the pool but that 1 mile plus is a faaaaar way to go bud. Daughter got hurt at work and now they are talking spinal injections also. Wish you were closer Russ as put together 2 old broken up dredge dogs and like magic it gets done,even if it takes 2 to do it. To heck with pride I want more GOLD :notworthy: respect-John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting old sure ain't for whimps. Gold mining and age ,well that's a whole other category !!

snakejim

Dec 18, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer, White's GM3, GMT, GM24K, White's Pulse scan TDI, Sierra Pulse Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well the guys in sunny California CANT go dredgeing and here I sit , CAN go dredgeing (with pain shots done yesterday) and I cant find any one in Misery to go with me . I cant haul the dredge to the creek or back from it by myself anymore so its smart to bring another along! I offered to teach anyone to dredge at THEIR location for a weekend and NO TAKERS! I guess ill wait until the Misery River goes back down this fall and plop her in the River by myself! there probly wont be much gold found there but on the bright note , I wont have to split with anyone! And its close to my home!

I have a good friend in Troy that might go with you sometime. I'll ask him.
I didn't know there was any gold there? I guess you could dredge a swimming hole, if you knew where one was.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Thanks fr the reply Jim! Ive got several friends up in Troy. your friends name isn't Bill is it? I used my 2 inch Proline dredge in a small stream on his folks farm that had bedrock bottom to it. there were severl boil hoes in te bedrock aswell as large cracks and we got several small pieces of gold from it.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

As I sit here and read this I do rember making the offer to you Russ of coming to my place. Heck Ill drive the 120 miles to you if that's all it takes. give me a call. you do still have my cell # ??? we can work out the detail's

Bill

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Bill I just got tooo busy with home things and my daughters wedding shower! Yep I have your number still. I was supposed to go up to Carrollton Ill. yesterday for my daughters wedding shower (new in-laws home) but they had a accident on their farm and several people got hurt. this put all plans on hold. and today is my grandsons birthday party. with 8 children and 19 grandchildren and 3 great grand children and 1 more on the way , you can see this ole boy don't get much R&R time PLUS my ole knees have been giving me heck. Driving up to your place isn't a problem! Ill give a call tonight (6 PM or so??)after the BD party!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: hahahah your good when your bad Reed--and my great ol'friend is a really a softie when it comes to his team....good man...good Pops-respet-John

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Reed maybe my name change should be , "ALL IN "! If I do any work around the house / yard , I end up on pain pills on my lazy boy recliner in the A/C for the rest of the day! upper 90s today with the heat index of 106 / 110 latter!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed maybe my name change should be , "ALL IN "! If I do any work around the house / yard , I end up on pain pills on my lazy boy recliner in the A/C for the rest of the day! upper 90s today with the heat index of 106 / 110 latter!

All in? Wow, that's better than me Russ :) I still miss that darn toilet sometimes :evil6:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread