jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got done reading an article in the Oregonian paper. Jason Atkinson a Republican, representing central point in the Oregon Senate. Quote- Let me be less diplomatic than former Gov, Tom McCall when it comes to out-of-state dredge miners: Welcome to Oregon; now leave.
This guy is looking to stop out of staters from coming to Oregon and dredging. The town I grew up in exists because of tourists, are we going to turn them away because there from another state? What about all the out of staters who come here and fish for our fish.
Just another way to discourage people from spending there money in Oregon. Or a starting point to ban dredging all together.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I didn't want to get all mixed up in politics. >:(
I just wanted to get out in nature enjoy my hobby and be left alone.

But nooooo, It's getting so bad you can hardly do anything anymore without someone telling you NO!
Sure would be nice to go back in time before all these rules and regulations.

If you think it's bad now.... can you imagine what future generations will have to deal with?

Going for the gold, while I still can.
GG~

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
Being quite new to the hobby I am still just a lowly panner with a sluice ;D However, in deciphering the laws regarding mineral prospecting in Washington (might as well call it North California so many immigrants have arrived here from there in the last several years) one of the last creeks we went to see if it might pan out (pun totally intended :tongue3: ) was listed in the guide as being open for dredging during the month of august only. So even if I ever do get to the stage of dredger, it doesn't look like I will be spending too much of my summers doing it.

-Lance

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darshevo said:
Being quite new to the hobby I am still just a lowly panner with a sluice ;D However, in deciphering the laws regarding mineral prospecting in Washington (might as well call it North California so many immigrants have arrived here from there in the last several years) one of the last creeks we went to see if it might pan out (pun totally intended :tongue3: ) was listed in the guide as being open for dredging during the month of august only. So even if I ever do get to the stage of dredger, it doesn't look like I will be spending too much of my summers doing it.

-Lance
[/quot

Old or new, it doesn't mater make your voice herd or next they will be banning your pan and sluice. No JOKE!!!!!

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Does the GPAA have a group that does lobbying in state and federal circles to help maintain our freedom to prospect? That would be a tipping point in actually becoming a member

-Lance

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gpaa has a marketing group that likes to take your money............... :tongue3:....the dudes in charge are um well.. there the dudes in charge...if anything is started by a local gpaa chapter its their own doin' not because of the Massey bro's....old buzzard is rollin in his grave....

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And its not O.K. to tell people that are here illegally to leave??Yep,we are going down!

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
All the Oregon colleges and Universities don't mind recruiting high school atheletes down here in Cali,but everyone else stay home.Likely the schools would have to drop down to division 2 without their southern neighbors.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND THE CANCER SPREADS.It appals me to read to uninformed self proclaimed experts that reply to those articles :'(

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to a older gentleman when I was dredging last week. He stated that he had talked to somebody at PLP and the results were in on the California tests. He herd that the results looked good. Just what I heard, don't know for sure.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I heard they hadnt even started them? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, just what he had told me. Didn't know the guy.

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
The important thing is that people with no physical knowlede of the hobby make the rules. Man, 12% of permits are granted to Californians. Nothing worse than 1 OUT OF 10 people from out of state exercising their federally granted right to prospecting. I bet whatever department in Oregon gets the money from the permits wasn't whining too loudly

I'll be the first person to tell you how new I am to prospecting. But much like bans on cigarette smoking (I don't) I can't support something that arbitrarily limits another's rights. As soon as they tell one group they can't smoke in public or another they can't dredge they can tell me I can't buy beer anymore.

-Lance

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iTS NOT JUST WITH THIS,i USED TO TRAP FOR A LIVING....BOTH PRIVATLY AND FOR THE gOV. THE UN IN FORMED VOTERS BANNED A TOOL THAT WAS NOT WHAT THEY THOUGHT OR WERE TOLD THEY WERE BANNING,SAME THING WITH GUNS,PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW ABOUT THEM ARE EASILY FED BULL%% AND WANT THEM GONE.(Dang caps lock!!Sorry)Personally,like Gay marriage,I dont know what it like to be gay,and it isnt effecting my ability to live,therefore I DONT CARE!!! :o

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Did someone say you cant buy beer anymore ??? oh man ...... I ugh ......... oh $hit ....... Im calling my congressman, going to the liquor store or go to the liquor store and then call congressman ....... yea thats it ...........

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Darshevo said:
Does the GPAA have a group that does lobbying in state and federal circles to help maintain our freedom to prospect? That would be a tipping point in actually becoming a member

GPAA along with Keene Eng. is one of the MAJOR contributors of PLP.while everyone likes to mine and does so without helping supporting those that support you.if everyone would join PLP and help support the small scale mining community, we wouldnt be in this legal mess we are in. if PLp isnt there to defend you/me, then who would be there to do this?? nobody! and you wont be mining in any state if this were to come about! PLp is needing new members/support! what will you do to help??? www.plp2.org

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread