California miner needs help after USFS employee steals his property from claim

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
California miner needs help after USFS employee steals his property from claim without any notice. Please spread the word.

http://www.jeffersonminingdistrict.com/legal-news/USFS-Terror-USFS-steals-miners-property-from-california%20-miner.html

Kerby Jackson
Chairman - Jefferson Mining District

When will we finally, as a group, stand together against this criminal assault on a fellow miner?

Oh, so you're too busy huh?

I'll venture to guess that if it was your property stolen in an illegal act, you'd make the time to be involved...

There is power in numbers.. why can't most of you understand that?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Last edited:

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
Just who works for who anymore? It's evident there's a majority of government employees who feel they are not responsible to the taxpayer for anything. We certainly know they don't go out of their way to help anybody. Maybe we should fight for some legislation that we may have some say as to who is hired and who is fired. Just thinking out loud.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well it is confirmed.....I get to pick up my equipment Thursday morning 9:30.....
without Tom Madrigal.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i wish i was ava. to help you get your equipment!but im in the middle of the Country. im glad you finnaly are getting your equipment back!i hope you do some sort of follow up on this abuse of power they showed!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YES--need any help/truck/or a old fart with a weak mind???? I'd happily drive that few hundred miles to see that anyday-even in this 100+ heat.. God I hope this works and now for the casha??? $20-30,000 should be just about the right compensation. Mark I absolutely cannot thank you enough for the inclusion to this drama/legal hassle/ungodly mess. This game has just begun and the dance will continue but this thursday the sun will rise and it will be good-tons a au 2 u 2-John

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it is confirmed.....I get to pick up my equipment Thursday morning 9:30.....
without Tom Madrigal.

I truely hope that you will make a HUGE example out of this injustice Hefty1... after the dust settles a bit.
Happy for you.......... Gold Nuggets :hello:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Stilllookin, I fully agree with your train of thought there. But I would like to take it one giant step forward. :icon_scratch:

Eliminate their jobs. Eliminate the size of government!!!! 90% Of which is nuthing more than an out of control blood sucking leach. Nuff Said!!!

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well all went well today.....got my equipment back.
I dont know what the congressmans aid had said to the patrol captian but I had never been treated so nicely and with respect by any law enforcement officer. They didnt ask for ID or any proof that it was me or my equipment. ???
No cameras of any kind were allowed....dam it. As it was on fs property. It was FS-5300-60 form that I signed and that was it. They even helped guide me backing up to the equipment. They carried out of the storeage facility to the truck.
We had to load though. My helper was talking to one of them and told him we were headed right back down to put the equipment back onto the claim.....should of seen the look on his face as he replyed..." Really... today?"
My helper responed " Yea..why not?...is there a law against that"? The leo just walked away. I was cracking up inside the truck.

Well anyhow still have to sort through to find all that is missing or distroyed. After that on to the next step.

Thanks All for the support!!! :occasion14: :notworthy:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:hello2: Paving the road for other, I would hope. That is such great news should have ICMJ print the whole ordeal, truly uplifting. Glad to hear it all went well and plenty of time to get it back in use before summer. :icon_thumleft:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hefty there would be NO reason for them to treat you in any other way! after all they work for us and they want you to keep from any followup lawsuits! id love to have a "ear" on what they said after you left! you might want to document all that you did to secure your equipment for others that may get into the same situation! congratulations!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YAHOO MARK mission accomplished--now show him the benjamins please fs and procede with EXTREME caution as you are now on their hit list and the dogs at the fs do LOVE their revenge for makn' them look like idjets--which is most fitting-tons a au 2 u 2-John

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrates Hefty!! What a great victory for you and the rest of us. Now they know we will fight for our rights. And now if we can get the big eared idiot out of the White House we can get more of our rights and freedoms back.

Good Luck!!

B H Prospector

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
YAHOO-OO-OO I be most glad fer ye. Now it's on to restriant of lawful pursuit and loss or destruction of private property or whatever tickles your fancy. It just shows to go ya "never give up".

Take care and watch yer back,

Gramps

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hefty, congrats on getting your equip. back. You are my hero!!!!
notworthy.gif

If you are going to file a suit use the "Equal Access to Justice Act". Fight fire with fire, do as the Eco-terrorists do and use the goberments money. If you win you get paid twice, one for damages and one for all your costs.

Keep us posted.

Edson

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
So nice to hear you got some stuff back.
There are many lawyers out there that are hurting for work so good luck with that.
Thank you for keeping us informed asto whats going on.
Maybe some lawyer can do a class action suit or something.
Grey

ckd315

Greenie
Sep 13, 2011
NW Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, I'd have nothing to do with the NF guys for a while since some of them can hold a pretty mean grudge...

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Been working 7 days a week for a month and havent been to this thread in a while. Hefty Congrats ! Great news to hear you got your gear back and the FS has been put in their place. Hope all government agency employees that deal with miners and the public in general will take note and protect our property and our rights! Damn good outcome !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread