California Nugget rush

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi-Did anyone take advantage of the drought in California to MD for nuggets? I would seem to me that those once flooded river and creek beds would have been exposed high and dry. Those center deep areas once filled with raging water would be calm or non existent.
Having lived out in CA in the past and had been stymied by water flow in certain areas, I would like to know about any success in those areas before this winter rains!

Upvote 0

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting question and I look forward to hearing some of the answers. I also wonder if anybody got into some of the burns after the major forest fires? I have always heard that it exposes lots of new ground by both burning the organics and leaving the hillsides open to more erosion.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuggets all over the ground. Just picking them up like easter eggs!.....lol

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would think after the mudslides out there one would find fresh nuggets

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I usually dont frequent many creeks or rivers. I mainly detect hillside diggings ( dry diggings). But any natural horrific event like fires, floods, downpours always expose new gold and areas. I know if your thinkin of hitting a burned out area , dont wait long. The vegetation grows back at an alarming rate.
Good luck

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not going West yet, I waiting here in the NE for the ice to leave so I can use my electric dredge and my gas powered sub-dredge. Yes I have used a crowbar to break the ice when the fever to prospect was too great. I wondered if those dry riverbeds yielded some nuggets, since the access was enhanced.

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
This half grammer I found in an area normally covered by a lot of water in the Sierras, in November before the rains started. 4" deep, using gpx4000 and 14" coiltek Elite mono.

Attachments

• halfgramgpxnugget.JPG
    halfgramgpxnugget.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 170

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread