Call me Sir Dimes Alot.....

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's going on everyone.. I had another awesome week of hunting... Not quite as amazing as Mavericks week :notworthy: but the dime numbers keep on climbing and I finally broke my halves skunk streak so I am definitely a happy fella, even if it is only 2 40% lol.. I have also officially bumped up my dime order to 14 boxes next week, increasing two boxes at each of the banks that have been giving me the big dime scores. I am on one serious dime binge right now... All together I had a lot of fun and got some more Ag to add to the stack.. Here is the rundown.. Happy Hunting everyone..

Halves- 2-40%
1x68
1x67
1974 (Gold Plated)

Dimes- 42 Rosies, 1 Merc, 1 80% canadian

(Merc) 1936
(Canadian) 1947

(Rosies)
7x64
3x64D
2x63
4x63D
2x62D
1x61
3x61D
3x60
2x60D
1x57
4x56
1x53
2x52
1x52D
1x51
1x49
2x47
1x46
1x46D

Attachments

• Dimenhalves.jpg
    Dimenhalves.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 221
  • Merctop.jpg
    Merctop.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
Upvote 0

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome haul!
Bunch of beautiful lookin coins there.
Thanks for sharing. :hello2:

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Only bad thing is you had to go through 14 boxes of dimes to find all that. It still blows my mind at how much coinage some of the CRHrs go through here. You must live in big cities because there is no way a CRHr could do that much hunting here where I live.

Sweet Haul by the way.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya... Halves are beyond horrible in my area, but I still hunt 4 boxes a week and will occasionally do 6 boxes. I just can't handle the long skunk streaks without adding a little silver to the pile.. Before this month I was averaging 1 silver per dime box, but obviously I am way above that average right now and in this hobby it pays to capitalize when the gettin is good.. I don't live in a big city, but definitely have enough branches of banks with coin counters around me which allows me to be searching that kind of dime volume.. Dimes are real quick and easy to search as well.. No date searching or even double checking your edges like you have to with halves.. They stick out like a sore thumb.. I can go through 6 boxes in 2 hours, which I truly don't mind doing at the end of my day when I am having a beer and watching TV before bed.. Plus considering where the economy is heading, those dimes will be worth a lot more in twenty years.. All in all, I am not too worried about searching the boxes, but am more worried about my wife putting me in an institution :laughing11:

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, this week I only searched my normal order of 10 boxes.. I upped my order to 14 next week so I can hit the two particular banks that hold the sweet boxes harder..

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After searching my first die box last night, I am going to start doing more of them. I was able to search the shrink wrapped dimes in about 15 minutes and pulled 3 silver. Plus, the banks will take back dimes all day long.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Those are great numbers on the dimes! I pulled 4 from a box this morning. Definitely helps between half dollar lulls!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local_coins said:
Wow! Those are great numbers on the dimes! I pulled 4 from a box this morning. Definitely helps between half dollar lulls!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Yea I have been very happy with the numbers.. All of the boxes that have given me the huge scores have the same inspector number.. I can't imagine what the score would be if all of my boxes had that particular stamp.. That is where the collection dump is..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey CC, sweeeet score there! I wish I could search some dimes, but I just can mess with my money I use for my half system right now. I'd love to hit the dimes though, maybe sometime in the future, or this winter when my business slows down a bit. Again, SWEEET SCORE! hh, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, I had a good week yes, but I think it'll start the skunk streak over now, well, It all ready started, my last 4 boxes of the week were all skunks, my finds came early in the week. So, my skunk streak is allready at 4 boxes. lol. Maverick.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilmingtonsilver said:
After searching my first die box last night, I am going to start doing more of them. I was able to search the shrink wrapped dimes in about 15 minutes and pulled 3 silver. Plus, the banks will take back dimes all day long.

It's all about clear brinks rolls. 15 minutes tops and you take em back all day. Now, if only they had halves in clear wrappers.... Oh man.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
"A toll is a toll and a roll is a roll.. And if we don't get no tolls, then we don't search no rolls..."

What?

Sorry for being off-topic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the clear rolls I have ever tried never produced any silver for me.. I have only searched 6 boxes though..

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those dimes are sweet. Nice haul! Cool pics too. That's equal to about 15 months of dimes for me. Congrats! Hope the boxes keep producing!

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the dimes I have searched are all Brinks clear rolls and I get 1-4 silvers per box.

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if they are producing that much then hit them hard.. I don't mind paper rolls really since I have coin counters to dump at..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions