Called Kellyco

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do not have new sales people, current sales staff has been there for several years and longer.... They sell all major brands with multiple models for each brand plus accessories, there are approx 18 Minelab detectors alone, to expect every rep to know every model for every manufacturer inside and out is not realistic at all...

The space on TreasureNet for this thread is not an issue at all.......

I beg to differ. I think if you sell products then your sales staff should be able to answer any and all questions about any of those products. What kind of confidence can you place on an order where the salesman has no knowledge of the Make/Model of the item you are buying. If you work as a salesman at a HD shop and cannot answer questions about a 1200 Sportster low or a Roadking Classic as well as every other models and options they offer, then you don't work there long. Most businesses offer training for their sale staff when new models or products are introduced so they can pass this info along to the customers. It is called being an "Informed" consumer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beg to differ. I think if you sell products then your sales staff should be able to answer any and all questions about any of those products. What kind of confidence can you place on an order where the salesman has no knowledge of the Make/Model of the item you are buying. If you work as a salesman at a HD shop and cannot answer questions about a 1200 Sportster low or a Roadking Classic as well as every other models and options they offer, then you don't work there long. Most businesses offer training for their sale staff when new models or products are introduced so they can pass this info along to the customers. It is called being an "Informed" consumer.
As is your right, I have talked to many auto salesmen that didn't know some models, as well as sales reps that didn't know all about all their models of TVs, stereos, computers, nothing new. I have always felt it was my responsibility to know all about what I am thinking of buying by researching it.....That is how you become an informed buyer...

Last edited:

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As is your right, I have talked to many auto salesmen that didn't know some models, as well as sales reps that didn't know all about all their models of TVs, stereos, computers, nothing new. I have always felt it was my responsibility to know all about what I am thinking of buying by researching it.....That is how you become an informed buyer...

Well if a salesman does not have knowledge of the products offered for sale then you should find another business to deal with. Sounds like that is what the original posted did and what most others would choose to do also. BUT if you are comfortable buying from someone who's only requirement is the be able to put his name tag on right side up, then more power to you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if a salesman does not have knowledge of the products offered for sale then you should find another business to deal with. Sounds like that is what the original posted did and what most others would choose to do also. BUT if you are comfortable buying from someone who's only requirement is the be able to put his name tag on right side up, then more power to you.

I see no reason to find another business, as stated it is MY responsibility to know everything I can find about something I am considering buying not the salesman, they can say anything to make a sale. I research anything that I am considering buying from simple car stereo to a new car or house.

I researched Mazda Miatas for at least 2 months before I bought my first one in 2012, I researched several months before getting wife's new SUV in 2015...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread