OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
also is there a certain age or a machine get too old where Whites won't take them in for repair if needed

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

Used to have one years ago and got one for free recently (thanks mary!) Early 1970's gold model but it was just a TR coin machine in a different box. No ground balance but it could find a 1 ounce nugget at a couple inches.

White's might still be able to repair it but anything you spent (like postage) would be worth more than the machine.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. But it is like having a 35 year old computer.

Steve Herschbach
Steve's Mining Journal

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
nope I honestly appreciate the input

Steve Herschbach said:
Hi,

Used to have one years ago and got one for free recently (thanks Mary!) Early 1970's gold model but it was just a TR coin machine in a different box. No ground balance but it could find a 1 ounce nugget at a couple inches.

White's might still be able to repair it but anything you spent (like postage) would be worth more than the machine.

Steve Herschbach
Steve's Mining Journal

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
Was it the one that was being sold at the Palmetto, Florida Gun Show? If it was, I saw it and was in a hard case and looked brand new!

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
LX Kid said:
Was it the one that was being sold at the Palmetto, Florida Gun Show? If it was, I saw it and was in a hard case and looked brand new!

not sure it does look like new and seems to work well, it does pick up gold extremely good but depth is lacking to about 6 inches or so roughly

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Steve Herschbach said:
Hi,

Used to have one years ago and got one for free recently (thanks mary!) Early 1970's gold model but it was just a TR coin machine in a different box. No ground balance but it could find a 1 ounce nugget at a couple inches.

Steve Herschbach
Steve's Mining Journal

I sold my Goldmaster VSAT with variable SAT for $150 and bought a MXT. I am sure glad that I did. It is 4 generations ahead of that VSAT and about 6 generations ahead of the machine you are talking about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread