Calling all Pocket Watch Experts - I need some help!

Mkelly315

May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for any information regarding an 1894 Waltham Pocket Watch. It was my great grandfathers, but besides that I do not know anything about it. I looked up the date by serial number in an online directory.

Inside the back plate it says:

- Wadsworth Quality Rolled Plate

Inside the watch (near the gears) it says:

- 24|9|679 (I think those are slashes and not 1's)
- Waltham 17 Jewels USA

I am mainly looking for a value; is it steel, silver, or white gold? Where was it made? Is it rare? It is in excellent condition. It still works great!

Thanks for the help!

Thanks!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice watch!! It was made in Massachusetts. It looks like a 12 or 14 size. The case is a white gold filled. Or rolled gold.Which is a plate of gold a plate of base metal and another plate of gold, all smashed together under high pressure. It's thicker gold but not solid. The case serial number isn't what you use to date the watch in this case. The actual movement number is what you use, and yes those are 1's. The case and movement(guts) were made by different companies most time, You would pick your case and whatever movement you wanted at the jeweler. As far as Value. I can't answer that. It depends on too many different things. If I had it for sale $75 to $100. This differs on person to person. I like them, so my prices are sometimes high, and lower on pieces I don't care for, or how much I have in it.

That explains your avatar!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread