Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Somehiker
Shook hands with my boss today and since your canadian was woundering if you might know him. Robert Irving
Its just one of those things that trigger another thought I guess and that was you.
I don't know,maybe you don't think like that, but he's into the oak treasure Island stuff which was kindda cool.
He seems to be like a normal guy and by the forbes mag he's already got he's treasure in the bank.
Well anyway
Take Care
Wrmickel1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never met the man, Mick. I've become acquainted to a few well known folks over the years, some through work and some through play.
Took away a bit of inspiration from each of them, even made a deal or two, but I don't toss names around, regardless of how much they may have impressed myself or others. I'd rather be know for who I am, than who I've known or who has offered me their hand.
Besides, they've got their own thing and I've got mine, and I don't think any one of them achieved their status by using the names of those they had met.I also doubt any who I am still in touch with would know anything about our hobby and our search. Unlike Mr. Irving apparently does with his interest in Oak Island.
Other than one, a writer of historically based fiction who has shown some interest and initially contacted me awhile back, after reading a thread on DUSA. But he's currently pretty busy with his next book which I am looking forward to reading as soon as I receive my copy.

Regards:SH

PS: As I recall, but don't have time to look, someone on this forum claimed to have made a connection between Oak Island and the Stone Maps. Perhaps you could find and forward the pertinent information to Mr. Irving.

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Never met the man, Mick. I've become acquainted to a few well known folks over the years, some through work and some through play.
Took away a bit of inspiration from each of them, even made a deal or two, but I don't toss names around, regardless of how much they may have impressed myself or others. I'd rather be know for who I am, than who I've known or who has offered me their hand.
Besides, they've got their own thing and I've got mine, and I don't think any one of them achieved their status by using the names of those they had met.I also doubt any who I am still in touch with would know anything about our hobby and our search. Unlike Mr. Irving apparently does with his interest in Oak Island.
Other than one, a writer of historically based fiction who has shown some interest and initially contacted me awhile back, after reading a thread on DUSA. But he's currently pretty busy with his next book which I am looking forward to reading as soon as I receive my copy.

Regards:SH

PS: As I recall, but don't have time to look, someone on this forum claimed to have made a connection between Oak Island and the Stone Maps. Perhaps you could find and forward the pertinent information to Mr. Irving.

Somehiker

A cagey fella you are, But there's no hands,toe's or backing of any kind. Just woundering by chance you new him.

Well Take Care

Wrmickel1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but a couple of the McCain boys used to show up at Mosport and Shannonville to race Formula Fords with us.
They wrecked a lot of cars, and I once had to duck down a bit as one of them launched his car over mine.
But they fit in well, as did many others from blue-blood backgrounds who joined our series.
Guess they decided to go back to the frozen food business, before they wound up killin themselves.
I kept at it for a few more years....had a lot of fun and spent a lot of money.

Regards:SH.

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
No, but a couple of the McCain boys used to show up at Mosport and Shannonville to race Formula Ford's with us.
They wrecked a lot of cars, and I once had to duck down a bit as one of them launched his car over mine.
But they fit in well, as did many others from blue-blood backgrounds who joined our series.
Guess they decided to back to the frozen food business, before they wound up killin themselves.
I kept at it for a few more years....had a lot of fun and spent a lot of money.

They are one of our biggest competitors, so their talked about once and awhile,But Iv'e never met them.

Take Care

Wrmickel1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aside from probably having too much money to begin with, most folks who cling to the higher rungs of the social ladder are usually making the extra effort to prove their status is deserved. They and others like them were often around, attended by the usual hangers-on, but I rarely went out of my way to make their acquaintance. I was more interested in keeping them in my mirrors if I could. Sorta like what we do in T-hunting. You might talk a bit, but you don't get too friendly, and ya might show them a picture of your new racecar....but you never let them see what's under the bodywork.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Aside from probably having too much money to begin with, most folks who cling to the higher rungs of the social ladder are usually making the extra effort to prove their status is deserved. They and others like them were often around, attended by the usual hangers-on, but I rarely went out of my way to make their acquaintance. I was more interested in keeping them in my mirrors if I could. Sorta like what we do in T-hunting. You might talk a bit, but you don't get too friendly, and ya might show them a picture of your new racecar....but you never let them see what's under the bodywork.

Wayne,

Having often been called a liar, I tend to use the name's of my sources, but only do so with their permission. That often ruffles the feathers of some of my.....fans. I, occasionaly, get the same reaction when I quote from books in my small library. I probably shouldn't care, but I like to put all my cards on the table, when I can.

I once did that with what Bob Corbin said.......or didn't say about the Stone Maps.

Take care,

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne,

Having often been called a liar, I tend to use the name's of my sources, but only do so with their permission. That often ruffles the feathers of some of my.....fans. I, occasionaly, get the same reaction when I quote from books in my small library. I probably shouldn't care, but I like to put all my cards on the table, when I can.

I once did that with what Bob Corbin said.......or didn't say about the Stone Maps.

Take care,

Joe

Joe:

Back when all that arguing was going on about Bob Corbin, the Stone Maps, and the FBI, I never could figure out the difference between what Bob said... and what Bob didn't say. Regardless of who said it, and when,it all sounded the same to me.
Never noticed any of your fans getting all ruffled up over who or what you choose to support your ideas.
Seem like I do a better job of that most of the time...even when I toss something on the table which doesn't work for me, but might for somebody else in the game. But then again, nobody wears sleeve garters in this game, do they.

Regards:Wayne

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wayne,

I do get a little pissed when someone is telling lies about me, say for around ten years or so, and then calls me the liar. I don't lie......Period. Around that same time frame, I braced someone about their being asked to leave, politely, from a friend's home. Stayed for a week and then made a big fuss when asked to leave.

I was asked to provide the names of my sources, which I wouldn't do. It was Bob's home, he was one source and Tom K. was the other. I was called a liar. I don't lie.

It's the kind of thing that leaves the rumor of a bad name for years.

On the other hand, I'm in a pretty good mood tonight.:icon_santa:

Take care,

Joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont think your crazy , i know most of you really are crazy ..lol

me to ..lol how is life ....

you may not know this but yes i still do 100% beleive the mine is real and i did find evidence to tell me i was correct . it is real and it is out there in a small but often over looked area . i found more then i wanted to ... after a emergency heart op in july i am feeling much better and this is the first time i have had time to look back and see the past few years of my life ..

say what you want ,, you will never change my mind .. its real and it is out there ....its not what most of you would like it to be . or even think it is .. but its a real location and a real old mine ...

the art was in knowing what it is and why its the way it is now ...

i hope to get a chance to talk to you all over a few weeks .. a lot of time has past and a future awaits ... the blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good mood ..lol , your a watcher you old fool .. how is life you old desert rat ...?

you do know i did find something out there that day . my health may soon let me get back there .. hope to see you again joe ..

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did not say alot of truthful input when i was working on my research , for good reason ...but lets get one thing clear .. as for the stone maps .. two sides to a coin . lets take a fast look at both .. for the na Sayers for this side of the coin . to stop confusion this is the heads up side of the coin ..

we know a few things about the stones that we all agree on yet a few of us know more about them then others and fewer think they know how to read them and what they are and hold back what they know for their own reasons ..

i will stand by what i say here . the stones are 100% real in over all age and design . they have had many things added over time and even other stones have been put into the questions of what they are and why .. the fact is the stones them self are real and there is evidence to show this side of the coin ..

on the other side of the coin the tails ...

no one has pinpointed the given man that made the stones back when they were made this in it self started a mass of questions that has not ended even today as we speak here and now ...

is there questions about both sides of this coin . yes and for good reasons ,,

my health has changed and i will debate both sides of the coin willing now ..

you will all be very shocked about what i found and why i think what i do .. i agree with Joe and Oro ... yet i under stand more about why the stones were made they way they were and why ..

bob was forward and truthful with me and that's all i can add about him here . he was a likeable man and i enjoyed meeting him as many others ...

if we can not debate the details of one side of the coin or the other lets at lest look at both side with out the confusion of wondering wish side we are looking at , at a given set of questions ... ..

you can debate till the sun sets and rises again till we are all dead and gone . but i would like to share what i know and see how close other got to it ...if you dont agree great , if you do thats fine as well . but as i said above . the stones are real and the mine is real , whats you should know is they both pinpoint the same thing ..! to one given location ...the person that made them knew more about the mts then anyone dose today .. and they were made a very long time ago , the stones are not fakes and the LDM became what it is today because of the future of a old Spanish mine that was lost so long ago .. waltz came a pone the mine and you can believe what ever you want . the stories are as many as the maps out there , as for the real mine .. location is everything .. speculate what you want fill in the details with dreams and hopes and you will find your self in the mts some day if your really lucky ..

i walk those mts and i dont think the mine is out there , i know it is ...documenting the mts may be the most fun you can have ...

parts of history may never be found and leave spaces in the trail of our life and research .. yet a trail once walked will be some day walked again and to those willing and able .. we wonders of time smile along those paths

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its for real everyone has to many clues to follow, the answer has been there the whole time. by the way i have lived in those mtns off and on for many a year. SH

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waltz had us all going in circles ...lol , but when you under stand why , its really funny..
how you doing RDT ?

ya, i know where it is ....i am shocked more people did not catch waltz clues....

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RDT just between friends ,,, ask your self this question . if you were at waltz real mine back in 1878 ,what has changed from then till now .. picture your self there and look around you ...? now pull out those stones....lol see it ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, who did it?
Someone musta said "Blindbowman" three times in a row.
There's no other explanation....except.... the Mayan prophecy.
How could they have known ?

Merry Christmas BB...........SH.

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HeHehe i havn't logged in for quite a while and first time i do i see BB's back,
it actually bought a smile to my face, i must be getting mellow in my old age,
either that or i'm going senile,
merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you BB,

and to all on here ,

John

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread