Calling any goldheads

bluveinthrobber

May 24, 2017
Sumter south carolina
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am posting this on behalf of my mother. She is traveling through colorado at the moment and stopped along a lonely highway to pick through some gravel. She sent me this picture hoping i could help her out in figuring it out. She said it does feel metallic but shes not sure about it. She pressed into it with her fingernail and said her nail went through it. Is gold that soft or is this being mistaken for something else? Thanks in advanced guys/gals

Attachments

• 1495736374280.jpg
    1495736374280.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's the yellow paint used to make lines on the roadway. Very common to find chunks in the roadside debris. The last picture shows the reflective glass beads they mix into the paint quite well.

It makes me look every time even though I know better! :cat:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
bluveinthrobber

bluveinthrobber

May 24, 2017
Sumter south carolina
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help bud. I couldnt tell what the heck it is. On another note they did happen to be in an area known for panning. She ran into a couple ol timers out there hopin to strike it rich. I told her she better get her butt out there and find my inheritance! Im jealous. I cant wait for the day i take a vacay out that way. Seems like you would almost have to try to get bored out there to be bored.

OP
OP
bluveinthrobber

bluveinthrobber

May 24, 2017
Sumter south carolina
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha i didnt even think about it that way lol. But now that you say that, i definitely see the issue. That wasnt the intention of my username... if any mods or admin have an issue with it ill happily change it.
I am a former weight lifter. And "blueveinthrobbers" is what i jokingly reffered to my arms as kind of an inside joke with my gym buddies since my arms were around 20" at one point
....oh my this gave me a pretty good laugh thank you for pointing this out!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's the yellow paint used to make lines on the roadway. Very common to find chunks in the roadside debris. The last picture shows the reflective glass beads they mix into the paint quite well.

It makes me look every time even though I know better! :cat:

Heavy Pans

We call that CDOT gold here in Colorado ;)

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Road nuggets! I fall for them too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread