Calvin Keys contact? Shadow faces is where the king's cut was stored

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Calvin Keys in his book turtles lead to treasure he says that the King's share was stored underground in the shadow faces. Does anyone know if that means when the shadows are on the ground you would want to look around there or the mountainside that's actually creating the shadows would you look there? Also does anyone have his contact information?

Thanks

OP
OP
J

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm trying to find out if Calvin Keys thinks the shadows produced by large rock formations and mountain-sides that look like dog faces or human faces are where someone should be looking for what he called "The king's cut". He said they always put the king's cut in the shadow faces. I'm trying to figure out if a person should look around the ground where the shadow faces are or should we look in the area of the mountain-side around the rocks that are actually making the shadows which are typical way high up on the mountain.

I was hoping someone here would know how to contact Calvin because I have his book "Turtles lead to Treasure" and he briefly talks about it in there.

OP
OP
J

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sooner did I post this I found his email.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gonna buy some turtles now lol

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well this certainly explains why they haven't found the Oak Island treasure after 150+ yrs. of searching. Those silly diggers/searchers weren't digging where : a) dog & human face shadows existed, and b) turtle shaped rocks existed.

Hey, if you think "face" shadows/shapes are indicative of treasure, you ought to dig here :

Fragments of an Earlier World - Profile of John F. Kennedy

That could mean nothing less than ........ TREASURE :)

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Turtles live in the ocean and. Only come onto land to lay their eggs. Do you mean tortoise rocks or did someone just make this up. TP

OP
OP
J

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well unfortunately his email is no good. Can't seem to find his contact info.

OP
OP
J

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes turtle shaped rocks. The Spanish created them as markers.

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi . Your right cartoon character Touc'he Turtle did a spanish hat with a feather so what happened to Dum Dum? TP

OP
OP
J

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well .... of course. To "mark" the treasures they "hid". Sort of defies the definition of "hide", eh. ?
They would use them as trail markers in some instances but also around the area where some of the "goodies" were buried. If you find one that you determine is not just a trail marker but the one telling you that you made it to the end of the trail, then you would see other signs in that area, well according to him and another treasure hunter and author Charles Kenworthy anyways.

Also, I'll add that from what I've gathered, Calvin died in 2011 at 62 years of age. So there goes that.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think if you buried "the king's share" and the king found out your neck would be on the block.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... then you would see other signs in that area....

Well gee, of course... The "turtle markers" lead to "other signs". Signs meant to "hide" a treasure. That's what anyone does when the "hide" something, is riddle the place with clues, as to where they just "hid" something. Right ?

Can you cite any treasure that was found via turtle markers ? Other than obvious camp-fire legend stories ? If anyone can cite a treasure that they found by following "turtle markers", I would love hear about it.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure Maps...Come In Many Forms And Guises!

They would use them as trail markers in some instances but also around the area where some of the "goodies" were buried. If you find one that you determine is not just a trail marker but the one telling you that you made it to the end of the trail, then you would see other signs in that area, well according to him and another treasure hunter and author Charles Kenworthy anyways.

Also, I'll add that from what I've gathered, Calvin died in 2011 at 62 years of age. So there goes that.

Welcome to the Show...jsnipr!

You are very...Astute...to recognize that Maps come in various forms...unlike the fragile paper ones that many posters here only think of!

On Oak Island...My Theory Map is only revealed at a certain time of the year.

Could your's also be only shown at a certain time...you may want to investigate this?

When I hear of the word "Turtle" I think of the many maps and directions which this indicated to be...Upside Down.

Let us know of your progress and any help we may offer.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Why do I keep ending up thinking about "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie, when it comes to all these cryptograms, markers, clues, etc.... ? And then : No good treasure isn't guarded by poison arrows, booby traps, insane depths, etc... Eh ? Oh well, at least it made for a good Hollywood cliff-hanger.

But when it comes to real life: I think it's just camp-fire legends gone awry. Still waiting for someone to post ANY link, where a treasure-was-found by following turtle marker clues.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do I keep ending up thinking about "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie, when it comes to all these cryptograms, markers, clues, etc.... ? And then : No good treasure isn't guarded by poison arrows, booby traps, insane depths, etc... Eh ? Oh well, at least it made for a good Hollywood cliff-hanger.

But when it comes to real life: I think it's just camp-fire legends gone awry. Still waiting for someone to post ANY link, where a treasure-was-found by following turtle marker clues.

Think what you want but keep your 20’ pole in the shed ;)
I’d LOVE to read an actual real factual account of someone deciphering a treasure map or reading signs to find an actual treasure. Personally the only person I’d be concerned about finding cached treasure would be staring back at me in the mirror. I’d leave lots of false clues maybe for other people, far away from the actual location, but nothing to help others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread