Camillus Military Survival Knife I bought at Auction....

mighty_mace

Jun 29, 2007
Schuylkill County, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased this knife about 5-6 years ago at a real estate auction in Annville, PA. I only bought it because it seemed to be a good deal and I thought it was "neat". I was told awhile afterward that it was somewhat valuable/collectible. I was wondering if any of you knife gurus could give me any more information on it as in what timeframe it is from, what it was used for, how much it is worth, etc. etc.

The little bit I have tried to uncover has led me to believe it was from Vietnam era??

KNIFE.gif

KNIFE2.gif

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a pilots survival knife . Are there any numbers on the back of the sheath ? Sometimes there is a date code . If it can be attributed to Viet Nam , it would be worth a lot more than this one-

http://west.loadup.com/military/surplus/755.html

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
There were a lot of knock-offs of that knife made during and after the Vietnam War and there are still being knocked off today. Not an expert on knives but looking at the stamped name on the blade my guess would be a knock-off. The name is not crisp like I remember them being back then. Send your pictures to the maker and see what they tell you. If it's genuine, great, if it's a knock-off you have a good digging tool. Best of luck to you on it's ID. HH

Desertfox

reapp

Nov 1, 2005
I sold my dead uncle's pilot survival knife which he carried in Vietnam on ebay for $175 about six months ago. Lots of interest in it, and it was in similar condition as yours.

OP
OP
mighty_mace

mighty_mace

Jun 29, 2007
Schuylkill County, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info guys....I only paid 5 bucks for it so it could very well be replica. Don't see any numbers or dates on mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread