azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
AZ Native. Now travel fulltime across this beautif
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted Camp Cody yesterday and today. Ended up with 6 Great Seal buttons and a few US Army buttons. No coins. Met a local hunter on Saturday. He hadn't had much luck. Today he drove by while I was setting up. He decided to run home to get his detector and come back for a hunt. Nice guy, has been hunting about a year. He found his first Great Seal button today, so overall a good outing.

12-31 Cody.jpg

Well, we hit the road in the morning. Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky on the list this year. Lots of opportunity to hunt older dirt for this Arizona native. A big shout out to jimzz977 and Dan(NM) for making my time on the Texas - New Mexico boarder so enjoyable. I hope to get the opportunity meet more forum members as we travel.

Upvote 14
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice button finds! :occasion14:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not familiar with camp Cody,but those buttons are nice. Was it primarily used during the first or second world war?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the buttons, safe travels to your next detecting dirt.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not familiar with camp Cody,but those buttons are nice. Was it primarily used during the first or second world war?

Camp Cody was a WW1 camp from 1916-1918, up to 30000 men trained there over that period of time. it was roughly 2000 sq acres. Nice finds Jack, love those great seal buttons. Did you hunt the dump site or another spot?

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, glad to see u had fun. Safe travels

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I enjoy hunting the old military camps in southwestern Az. A ton of old history there.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted Camp Cody yesterday and today. Ended up with 6 Great Seal buttons and a few US Army buttons. No coins. Met a local hunter on Saturday. He hadn't had much luck. Today he drove by while I was setting up. He decided to run home to get his detector and come back for a hunt. Nice guy, has been hunting about a year. He found his first Great Seal button today, so overall a good outing.

View attachment 1532493

Well, we hit the road in the morning. Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky on the list this year. Lots of opportunity to hunt older dirt for this Arizona native. A big shout out to jimzz977 and Dan(NM) for making my time on the Texas - New Mexico boarder so enjoyable. I hope to get the opportunity meet more forum members as we travel.

Great finds! And it seems to confirm that the rimless Great Seal Buttons from 1902-1910 were definitely still in use during the Mexican Revolution. I had been wondering about that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread