Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fine weather opportunity so I went down and camped in the Fourmile Recreation Area along the Arkansas River, east of Elephant Rock where I camped in December. Rugged looking country but pretty easy to navigate, and closer to civilization than it may look. Interesting rock formations and passageways to look over. Excellent weather with little snow on the ground, clear, 65 in the day and 31 overnight.

Attachments

• 1-26a.jpg
    1-26a.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 80
  • 1-26b.jpg
    1-26b.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 1-26c.jpg
    1-26c.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 1-26e.jpg
    1-26e.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 1-26f.jpg
    1-26f.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 77

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could tell you the 60 pieces of 21' & 22' Morgans and Peace dollars I put under a rock out that way in 1984 were still there, but I went and recovered it all back in 2007. I don't think I left anything else out that way. :dontknow: I was still drinking in those days of the 80's, so maybe someday, something will just pop up in my head as I'm driving down the road. Funny how old memories will just come to out of the blue at ya.???

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha, peaked my interest there, TR. You know anything about what that stack of rocks means? On top of it is two crossed sticks tied with a green cord. Not really by a trail and not a claim marker. Pretty recent. Still bein a treasure hunter but not finder, but always lookin, I look at the orientation of it, how many rocks were used in the construction, the height of it, what's visible from it, and where the shadow falls at particular times of the day. My conclusion is New Age hippies with too much free time on their hands.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen that before. I think your right it's a "hippie named Kilroy marker". Did you get a change to visit the old arrastra? I've always wondered who put that mill there. I've read that the small vein deposits, mined in that area, was all free milling gold ore. I think I read some place the veins were low grade and that's why it was a short lived mine camp, but that was when gold was like less then 35 bucks an ounce. It may be worth someones time to re-investigate that stuff I thought more the a few times. There was a place up in there the history books said went by the name of "Free Gold". I can't say I've ever located the place, but I have stumbles on some old shafts that looked like they were dug with picks and shovels, instead of drilling and blasting. It's sure fun to visit that area during the off season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread