Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down in the San Luis Valley, south of the sand dunes national park about halfway up the mountain side. Normally I camp down in the valley but always liked this spot but had to wait for the off season. Be forewarned if you go, the road off the highway to the camp ground is 3.5 miles of the roughest road in Colorado. The sign at the start lies and says it's only 2.8 miles, but it is honest and tells you it's steep, rough, and some vehicles may not make it. (high clearance is a must) Great views from the camp site out over the valley. View of the camp that shows Maria is along with all the accoutrements. A good-bad picture. A bear box that BLM did right on, as you can actually get everything in it. (I didn't see any sign of bear activity around) That box below, Maria made me stop at a wally world and she bought that. $135. It was nice to sleep on for two nights, but that thing expands, it don't fit back in the box, so I had to tarp it, rope it up, and it was still bigger than two bales of hay, and then tied it down in the back of the truck.

Attachments

• 9-20a.jpg
    9-20a.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 9-21a.jpg
    9-21a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 9-21b.jpg
    9-21b.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 9-21j.jpg
    9-21j.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 9-21k.jpg
    9-21k.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 46

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the bear box was a good one. It is good that they include that in the campsites. I wonder how many city folks thought that was where the kids were supposed to sleep?:laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful view of the dunes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread