Campground finds from yesterday - where I found the US bridle rosette

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I put up the post about the bridle rosette yesterday as soon as I got home, as I have never found a military relic before, and I am was dying to know what I had found.

Here is my total haul from the 4 hours I spent at the campground yesterday. I spent the first 2 hours in the muck of the partially drained lake, and the other 2 hours on land in another area of the campground.

IMG_9574.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

Here is the cleaned up rosette again, which definitely ranks in the top 5 coolest finds I've ever made in my 30+ years of detecting!!!!!!!

IMG_9576.jpg

I also found a 1937 merc, which is the first merc I've found in a few years, so also a very exciting find for me. I thought I cleaned it gently, but in the sunlight it looks like I took a brillo pad to it. All I did was run it under water and wiped it with a Q-tip. Oh well, live and learn...

IMG_9578.jpg

I found 6 more of these corroded giant presidential commemorative tokens in the lake muck. I've now found 26 of these, most of which are corroded beyond recognition. This is one (George Washington) I found yesterday that is actually in pretty decent shape...

IMG_9584.jpg

IMG_9587.jpg

And here are a couple of other presidents that I could read - John Adams and Thomas Jefferson...

IMG_9586.jpg

IMG_9585.jpg

I also found one more of these cool gold colored aluminum tokens, my sixth one from this lake bottom...

IMG_9582.jpg

IMG_9600.jpg

And one more of these swimming medals, my fourth one from this lake bottom...

IMG_9583.jpg

This old piece of leather with two rivets was found about 20 feet or so from where I found the rosette. I wonder if it is part of the bridle that the rosette came off of?

IMG_9580.jpg

And four wheat cents were among the coins I found yesterday...

IMG_9581.jpg

Thanks for looking, and Happy Hunting!!!!

Jim

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a real nice hunt and that CW bridle Rosette is the icing on the cake! The tokens are nice as well. You say campgrounds, is that a modern day campground or an old camp? HH, Mike

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Work! :thumbsup:

Here's a link to what I use to clean silver coins--and in that reply there is another link to an example of a high quality dug seated coin cleaned that way:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,118334.0.html

Camel's hair (make-up or rouge type brush).

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread