Camping Trip

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
So of course about the time we got the camper all set up and thankfully secure....it turned into the storm of the century! :D Girls and I were snug inside the camper playing board games,reading stories aloud and tired Mo fell asleep at the table. We didnt have electricity where we were so had to rely on lanterns and battery lights........ Next day tho was bright and sunny and we had alot of fun tubing the river.

Attachments

• riding out the storm.JPG
    riding out the storm.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 395
  • riding the rapids.JPG
    riding the rapids.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 382
  • going to tube the rapids.JPG
    going to tube the rapids.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 382
  • sleeping at the table.JPG
    sleeping at the table.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 385
  • chey and Mo.JPG
    chey and Mo.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 379
  • mo at falls.JPG
    mo at falls.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 378

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
The water looks inviting...

The one girl (chey?) has the look that would indicate an onery streak.

Always enjoy pics.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
eagle77 said:
The one girl (chey?) has the look that would indicate an onery streak.

LOL...They both have one a mile long and come by it honestly....its a fine woman trait in our family :D

H

HillbillyTH

;D ;D ;Thanks for the post, brings back some great memory when my three girls were small and we had a Starcraft pop-up.
Danny

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Gypsy,

Camping and swimming are always a great time. We never camped with electricity and always had a blast. Great pics as always. Thanks for taking us camping with you. What about the smores ;D :D ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
RON (PA) said:
Gypsy,

Camping and swimming are always a great time. We never camped with electricity and always had a blast. Great pics as always. Thanks for taking us camping with you. What about the smores ;D :D ;D

Yeah! Where are our smores?? lol

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
They were really after that 'secret' ingrediant for the CTH s-m-o-r-e-s!And it looks like they found it.Thanks girls,great pics and glad you had so much fun.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
RON (PA) said:
Gypsy,

We have an old Shasta that we picked up . The girls and I totally ripped it apart,repainted it (girls choice of colors) ripped out the benches and raised them then recovered the seats and patched the roof. Its not the prettiest,but its packed with all I need and keeps us safe from storms and bears. Plus it beats sleeping on the ground :)

As for the Smores.....anyone showing up to the Chisholm Trail Hunt will get some.

Water was like taking a bath. We tubed for about 2 miles ....walking back wasnt fun :D Heres my lesson for the week...never tube farther than you can carry three tubes and two tired little girls back :D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Love the pics. looks like you all had so much fun..a perfectly relaxing day. You ought to try that over in Eastern Okla. Running a float trip on the lower Illinois will definitely wake you up.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH MY God I can't wait to see them in person they are just dolls Gypsy. That looks like one great place to hang out. Bet it was loads of fun to.
Burdie

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good time was had by all, (making memories)
Stony, my uncle took me to the Illinois once, he only had one
paddle, & we forgot to buy one, so we found a 'bed slat', & it
worked like a charm.
He was in his 50's & I was in my 30's, but we passed all the
folks in front of us, (including a guy in a kayak), ;D.
We were supposed to go seven miles, but he put us in at the
wrong place & we floated fourteen miles.

Fossis..............

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250
Looks like a fun & pleasureable trip Gypsy ! Your girls will remember times like that

forever. Enjoying the peace and quite with nature out there must have been a blast.

Thanks for sharing your trip ;-)

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy, great area, family and terrific post. I miss being in the water like that.

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread