Campsite near Elberta, AL

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I saw in some civil war ghost town books on google books / some good sites,and a few were in elberta..I will go back and check out for ya :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

clllclal

Greenie
Aug 31, 2008
relicdude

Did you ever find out any information on possible campsite locations in or near Elberta, AL?

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
clllclal said:
I'm sorry. Civil War campsite.

Thanks

Chad

I just read what I typed...man I sounded like an ass...sorry about that :-\. I'm not immediately aware of any Elberta campsites but I can certainly do some research. Don't let Relicdude fool you...he can Google just as good if not better than me ;D The biggest difference is that he actually FINDS good stuff! :thumbsup:

Pcola

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see Two round dots on this map one by Bon Secour River (saltworks) and one not far west of hwy 59, is that one the Oyster bay site you spoke of?
There is a few dirt works north of Elberta, the owner I think I remember right was a farmer and in real estate, I think he donated the Land where the Baldwin County Historical Display is east of Elberta. Can't remember the name, it has been MD'ed before, years ago. ( (not me, by the owner, i was told) I also forgot which road its on, but its not far North outa town and would be on your left driving North, The field was cleared for several 100 yards off the road, and then there was some mid sized pines and brush, its in those pines.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
No the marks on the map are just google marks ,i didnt make any of them..If you go to the church you will be very close :thumbsup: And if you read all the info this will be cooks property....

Aug 15, 2008
Fountain Valley, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
What map are you guys referring to? I am very interested in this area. We spent the fall/winter months in Gulf Shores and are going to be back in October-April of next year. I want to do some hunting in the area. Maybe we can get together when I get there. I visited the Baldwin County Historical Museum on Hwy. 98 in Jan. Very interesting. I would love to know more about the area. If any of you folks are willing to talk with me please PM me and I will give you my email address. Thanks,
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions