SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An anybody date these shards for me? The site dates back into the 1700s. If it is possible I'd highly appreciate the guesses at age! 1st piece is great and white. 2 and 3 (same piece but different on opposite sides) is black and white/cream/grey (odd color) and 3 and 4 (same piece) is brown and white/cream/grey
Thanks-
SCDigginWithAK

image-3367680741.jpg

image-4065045289.jpg

image-1274930542.jpg

image-3359816201.jpg

image-613938692.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be someone on TNet who could id old china patterns- and all sorts of things, but that was a long time ago, and of course, I can't even remember the person's name. That second piece- the brown glazed one w/ the pail interior-- almost looks like a lot of pieces of stuff (I don't know what to call it) I find around here. Pipes used to drain land. They're all over the place. But it definitely could also be a crock or jug piece. I find them too, and some have that brown glaze, tho most are grey- at least around these parts.

I too have photo quality issues... but with practice- and the willingness to delete pics that don't work right is a start. That said, that tiny TINY piece of white/green? in the first pic looks like it was once a piece of china w/ an applied pattern (stencil?) - and I'm only guessing at that because I watch Antiques Roadshow a lot. I may have the term wrong. It's not hand-painted. And it's too small- and the pic too far away to really see it and draw a real conclusion. Thanks for trying tho! Yakker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread