Can anyone compare a sand shark 10.5'' and equinox 800?

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm interested in knowing the nox max depth but i don't have the nox or anyone who does to do a depth test, but anyone that has a equinox 800 and a sand shark 10.5'' can you test a nickel for max depth between the two. The test doesn't need to be done on a beach just your backyard is fine. Put the nox 800 in deepest mode possible for your location(don't know if beach 2, gold...others deeper) recovery speed lowest...2 (don't know if this number is lowest for max depth) and sand shark at max pulse delay, start the nickel test at 8'' then until 14'' anyways the reason for this test the way i see it is the shark is only 600 dollars and already fully waterproof and i don't really care about multi freq or discrimination i just care about digging to china for max depth at a cheap price
thanks to the one who does this test:hello2:
p.s. Terry you there to help out...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..... p.s. Terry you there to help out...

I sold my Sand Shark after hunting the beach with my Equinox 600. It is as deep as my Sand Shark ever was, and I can DISCRIMINATE!!!!!!!! :skullflag:

OP
OP
erte

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with you Terry but i'm just a little more old fashioned and don't really care about discrimination that much or looking on a screen display, but maybe one day when i'm left with nothing but junk fields and blisters from digging so much i might get really fed up with digging everything and sell the shark, but for now its a keeper

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Sand Shark found almost US$9,000.00 in melt gold on New York, California, and Florida beaches! The problem is I'm getting old, and Lazy! My days of digging Bobbypins are over. This Equinox is God sent. I have had it since February 14th, and it paid for itself on March 7th. Just sayin' :skullflag::occasion14:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a sand shark and really liked it for the price and the amount of beach hunting I did......until I got a deal on a sovereign GT. I can only imagine the Equinox, that is until mine arrives. I have hunted the beach with a bunch of different machines including PI machines and I will take multi freq. any day!

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold my Sand Shark after hunting the beach with my Equinox 600. It is as deep as my Sand Shark ever was, and I can DISCRIMINATE!!!!!!!! :skullflag:

OMG this is the exact same question I have. I almost pulled the switch getting a used Sand Shark for salt beach detecting. But I have seen so many awesome reviews and videos with the Nox's around and this thing simply looks amazing! But now the other thing, should I getthe Nox 800 or 600? What u guys think? The funny thing is I currently own a F75 with 3 coils and something tells me that after I get one of these I'll possibly sell it! But it never hurts to have a back up machine!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG this is the exact same question I have. I almost pulled the switch getting a used Sand Shark for salt beach detecting. But I have seen so many awesome reviews and videos with the Nox's around and this thing simply looks amazing! But now the other thing, should I getthe Nox 800 or 600? What u guys think? The funny thing is I currently own a F75 with 3 coils and something tells me that after I get one of these I'll possibly sell it! But it never hurts to have a back up machine!

Puerto Rico is not known for gold nuggets, so I would go with the NOX 600, and spend the extra dough on the waterproof headphones. :skullflag:

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Puerto Rico is not known for gold nuggets, so I would go with the NOX 600, and spend the extra dough on the waterproof headphones. :skullflag:

I see your point. I'm also a river prospector and have found really small nuggets sluicing but nothing mayor I'd say. But having the higher frequency doesnt it help to find gold jewlery at the beach?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see your point. I'm also a river prospector and have found really small nuggets sluicing but nothing mayor I'd say. But having the higher frequency doesnt it help to find gold jewlery at the beach?

Short answer is no, it does not help with gold jewelry. It does help find tiny, sub-grain (not gram) gold at shallow depths, but the NOX 600 will find a 14k gold earring stud at 5".

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short answer is no, it does not help with gold jewelry. It does help find tiny, sub-grain (not gram) gold at shallow depths, but the NOX 600 will find a 14k gold earring stud at 5".

Got it![emoji106]🏻 Now I just make a couple of bucks and get the 600! Thanks 4 the help people!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread