Can anyone give me any info?

hurt.ronnie

Jan 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these metal detecting and eyeballing around the river. The bottle top had a lid on it that has a small hole in the middle. The big Item I have no idea but has a latch that still moves and appears to have held something against the hole and and has wings. Picture 326.jpg Picture 325.jpg Picture 327.jpg Picture 328.jpg Picture 329.jpg Picture 330.jpg Picture 331.jpg Picture 332.jpg

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The twisted brass object which has a wedge on one end is the mostly-internal moving "striker/latch" from a Mortise lock, a type typically used as door locks. The wedge is what extends from the lock into the doorframe, keeping the door from opening. See the photo below.

Attachments

• doorlatch-parts.jpg
    doorlatch-parts.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bottle top is probably off a hair tonic or an aftershave bottle. Likely had a small stopper in it.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Motometer rather than Manometer, right? ...or are they both?

A "manometer" measures water pressure (or vacuum). A "Motometer is a brand name for automotive manometers - and I don't know if his is that brand. :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Right, but I believe the Moto Meter measured temperature. My understanding is that many vehicles had a non-pressurized cooling system when these were popular, instead using a thermosiphon system.
A good ID either way!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread