Can anyone help me with this jewelry??

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have these two pieces. The cat pendant stumps me, I have someone who wants to buy it for $20 but I can't find anything about it online. The mark is Ladybug 1986. It may or may not be silver, weighs 30 grams. The other piece is a Taxco piece. Marked Metales Casados? JMP. I almost think the wear and tear on it was intentional.... Very cool piece, someone offered my $5 because it was dirty and worn, but I think it may be worth more... Thoughts?
20170826_185015_resized.jpg 20170826_185027_resized.jpg 20170826_185044_resized.jpg 20170826_185425_resized.jpg 20170826_185436_resized.jpg 20170826_185455_resized.jpg

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The air holes you see in the cat pendant are very common in Premier designs jewelry which is never silver. I am fairly certain the cat is not. The bracelet is very nice but from what I can tell it looks a little rough. If it can be cleaned to a better look then you might be able to get significantly more than $5.

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bracelet is odd because if you look up metales casados it looks as if it was intended to look exactly like that....

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bracelet is odd because if you look up metales casados it looks as if it was intended to look exactly like that....

Makes sense. Translated, it means "married metals".

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That drooping leopard or panther is a design that has been copied by a variety of makers, including costume makers like Florenza and others. I can't recall right now, but the original design is from one of the fine jewelry houses (Van Cleef? Cartier? not sure). I would check the inside of the bail to see if there is a silver mark.

The articulated bracelet appears as if some of the panels were brass over silver and copper over silver, but where the layers may have been stripped from perhaps over zealous cleaning.

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the married metals stamps indicates the process where brass copper silver and other metals are soldered tovether to appear seamless. the JMP artists stamp is seen along with Taxco Artist TM-71. one which i dont have a name for, but would date th7e piece likely to the 1950s +/- 10 years. it could be that someone tried to remove the other metals in order to try to scrap this piece and failed. if you look at the last pic close up of the cat pendant it looks porous, like there is tiny bubbles in the metal.. variations or bubbles like thats a side effect of plating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions