Can anyone ID this??

maddog

Jan 26, 2009
Detector(s) used
MXT 300
I was out md'ing at lunch and found this. I tried to look up WW1 medals, but couldn't find anything. It has a few bite marks on it :(, but it's still a cool find.
This is my first post, so far 3 Gold rings, 6 Silvers, $220.00 in Clad and 3 siver Rosies, 18 wheats. This is an obsession - only 4 months at it and addicted beyond control. Thanks. maddog

Attachments

• Picture 001 edit.jpg
    Picture 001 edit.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 705
  • picture 002 edit.JPG
    picture 002 edit.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 700
Upvote 0
Now that's a cool find.

Did you find that medal in the woodchips or in the ground

That is amazing shape for a dug piece, mine come out looking like crap. Kudos!

maddog said:
I was out md'ing at lunch and found this. I tried to look up WW1 medals, but couldn't find anything. It has a few bite marks on it :(, but it's still a cool find.
This is my first post, so far 3 Gold rings, 6 Silvers, $220.00 in Clad and 3 siver Rosies, 18 wheats. This is an obsession - only 4 months at it and addicted beyond control. Thanks. maddog
Hi Maddog...you are on the wrong thread for Id's, try the what's it thread, but cool find and welcome to the best treasure hunting site in the world :hello2: :thumbsup:

I found it next to a pine tree on a vacant lot where a house once stood. The shape wasn't too bad-I did clean it up with some 00 steel wool.

maddog said:
I found it next to a pine tree on a vacant lot where a house once stood. The shape wasn't too bad-I did clean it up with some 00 steel wool.

The reason I asked is if it come from the woodchips then most likely some kid took it from his dads things and might not be too happy when he finds out that grandpa's medal is missing.

I can't read the initials I enlarged it 400% still illegible.

According to Louis W. Small's Revised Comprehensive List of World War I Service Medals Issued by States, Counties, Cities & Towns, p. 10, the community of Pittsburg, California had a 1920 census population of 5,355, and the "Statistical Estimated Issued" number of these medals is 221. Incidentally, in Small's book this medal is cataloged as #CA4.

Sweet find! :icon_thumleft: And welcome to TNet!

This is an obsession - only 4 months at it and addicted beyond control. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

Keep digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back