Can anyone identify this bracelet?

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this at an old homesite over the weekend. The site dates back to the late 1700s and is still occupied today. By the looks of it I would guess possibly 1940s -50s but I couldn't find anything similar online. I dug things from various time periods so it's hard to say. I would really like to know more about it if anyone has any information about it. Sorry there aren't more pics. I did not see any markings on it anywhere. If more pictures are required I will post more. Thanks

Attachments

• 20190714_180802.jpg
    20190714_180802.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 81

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
More pics... & what's it made of
Front and back and close-up of the links.

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a NA tourist piece.

Have had several over the years... plated and sterling.

PS... these were common and popular.

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a beautiful bracelet find Ben. :thumbsup:
Based on the style and the silver or nickel plating on brass I would assume, my guess would be late-Deco Period (1930s - 40s).

"Art Deco was not a single style, but a collection of different and sometimes contradictory styles. Art Deco, sometimes referred to as Deco, is a style of visual arts, architecture and design that first appeared in France just before World War I. Art Deco influenced the design of buildings, furniture, jewelry, fashion, cars, movie theaters, trains, ocean liners, and everyday objects such as radios and vacuum cleaners. In architecture, Art Deco was the successor to and reaction against Art Nouveau, a style which flourished in Europe between 1895 and 1900, and also gradually replaced the Beaux-Arts and neoclassical that were predominant in European and American architecture.

In the 1930s, during the Great Depression, the Art Deco style became more subdued. New materials arrived, including chrome plating, stainless steel, and plastic. A sleeker form of the style, called Streamline Moderne, appeared in the 1930s; it featured curving forms and smooth, polished surfaces. Art Deco is one of the first truly international styles, but its dominance ended with the beginning of World War II and the rise of the strictly functional and unadorned styles."

Dave

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NA = Native American... 1950-60's... to present day.

"Pierced plates"

tsinbracelet2-510x578.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a beautiful bracelet find Ben. :thumbsup:
Based on the style and the silver or nickel plating on brass I would assume, my guess would be late-Deco Period (1930s - 40s).

"Art Deco was not a single style, but a collection of different and sometimes contradictory styles. Art Deco, sometimes referred to as Deco, is a style of visual arts, architecture and design that first appeared in France just before World War I. Art Deco influenced the design of buildings, furniture, jewelry, fashion, cars, movie theaters, trains, ocean liners, and everyday objects such as radios and vacuum cleaners. In architecture, Art Deco was the successor to and reaction against Art Nouveau, a style which flourished in Europe between 1895 and 1900, and also gradually replaced the Beaux-Arts and neoclassical that were predominant in European and American architecture.

In the 1930s, during the Great Depression, the Art Deco style became more subdued. New materials arrived, including chrome plating, stainless steel, and plastic. A sleeker form of the style, called Streamline Moderne, appeared in the 1930s; it featured curving forms and smooth, polished surfaces. Art Deco is one of the first truly international styles, but its dominance ended with the beginning of World War II and the rise of the strictly functional and unadorned styles."

Dave

Thanks for all of the information. I love learning all about the history of the things I find.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for the delayed response. It has been a busy few days. I really appreciate all of your posts and the information you provided.

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a beauty someone was heart broken still is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread