Can anyone pls assist in IDing a button I found on military housing in Germany?

fishalaska24

Aug 2, 2008
Fort Meade, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Can anyone pls assist in ID'ing a button I found on military housing in Germany?

Hey everyone,
I did some more detecting on a military base over here in Germany and did pretty well. I found a heart shaped necklace medallian *shrug* not silver, haha, 6 German coins two of which have the swasticka on them (can't really see it in the pic though), a bunch of clad, a 1st Lt bar, and the button that I have no clue what it is. I found the button in the middle of the woods, so I don't know if it's military or not. If anyone knows anything about the button in the center of the pic I'd love to hear it! I apologize for the nasty looking coins on the right, I haven't quite yet mastered cleaning the foreign coins. Thanks for looking everyone and happy hunting!!! :thumbsup:

Jake :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• 100_2838.jpg
    100_2838.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
Re: Can anyone pls assist in ID'ing a button I found on military housing in Germany?

Cool finds, sorry can't really help with the button though. :thumbsup:

Happy hunting!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Can anyone pls assist in ID'ing a button I found on military housing in Germany?

Well you can rule out Military for the button. Looks 1920s maybe, whats the back like?

OP
OP
F

fishalaska24

Aug 2, 2008
Fort Meade, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500

There is absolutely nothing on the back except a broken off probe in the center where you'd push the back of the pin on. Sorry- I should have posted a pic of the back too

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fishalaska24 said:
There is absolutely nothing on the back except a broken off probe in the center where you'd push the back of the pin on. Sorry- I should have posted a pic of the back too

Might be late Victorian then..

ArmyWife628

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2007
Fort Drum NY

I dont know anything about the button but you are so lucky they will let you metal detect there in Germany! The MPs here at Ft Drum will not allow it, they say it is because there could be explosives but it is really probably because they dont want anyone digging up history. But Congrats on the finds :-)

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2

The button could be from anything, like German traditional clothing.
The German coins with swaztikas are very common 1940-45, they are made of zinc and impossible to restore. I just run a small metal brush on the Dremel on them. The other coins are the Pfhenning that were used before the Euro. They have a nasty habit of corroding and expanding.
Good Luck

11 more months and I will be back in Germany.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread