Can anyone recommend a digging tool?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I've been spending anywhere from $3 to $10 on small garden trowels and have so far ran through 5 of them in the past month and a half. They all break too easily. Can anyone recommend something good that I can order online for up to $30? I want something preferably bigger than a small hand trowel but not that big. One of our NYC metal detecting permit rules is that we can only use tools no larger than small garden tools. Thanks.

Upvote 0

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
I just bought a digging tool at Target, 9.99 an its built like a tank,sort of has a lesche tool look to it, nice solf handle, has the saw blade. look in the garden center

cheezinoot

Jun 11, 2006
Emmons,MN
Ricardo I agree with oldtymer the Lesche digging tool is great and made from forged steel. You'll spend more but save in the long run.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i hear mighty ap makes a mean digger, but he chooses who he wants to make them for and gives them away as gifts, so if you cant convince him, go for a lesche.

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
TwT said:
now that is Nice, that is just what I been looking for , Thanks

It has yet to show any signs of wear, after several months of exclusive use. It is well balanced and I can hold it and my bullseye pinpointer with my left hand while detecting with my right.

minelab rick

Jul 1, 2006
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I use the Gator Razor edge that I purchased form Kelly Co. It has worked well for me. I think it is regularly $59.50 but is on sale now for about $39.00

Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread