stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this 1929 dog registry tag yesterday and was curious to knopw some more about it. I've never seen a tag quite like this and am assuming that it ties specifically to the city of Chicago. Most tags I've seen say a county and normally have information only on one side. This tag has information on both sides. it says 1929 on both sides and on 1 side it sys "DOG REGISTRY" with the number 26877 while the other side says "C.D.T CHICAGO"

I found one online from 1927 but there was no information with it. Thanks in advance for any info.

HH!

Attachments

• 29 DOG REGISTRY.jpg
    29 DOG REGISTRY.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 29 CDT CHICAGO.jpg
    29 CDT CHICAGO.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 118

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
YEAH! That is a nice tag man! Chicago had very nice tags for their dogs! But they are pretty common. Yours is serial number 26877 . . . so that means there were 26876 issued before yours! And who knows how many after that ~ several thousand more I'm sure. Chicago is a huge city ~ lots of people & lots of dogs too!

CDT = Chicago Dog Tax

NICE FIND!

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much for the info on the tag. I was kind pf thinking it did stand for Chicago dog tax. Now I know. In terms of other dog tags I normally see it sure is a neat one. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions