Can anyone tell me what this is? Electric Jadite?

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought this in a box deal at an auction and need help identifying so I can list it on ebay. I'm not about to plug it in because of the cord condition. It is 2 1/2'' tall and made of heavy glass that looks like jadite. I have not tried to take the bottom part out. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• jadite 003.jpg
    jadite 003.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 627
  • jadite 004.jpg
    jadite 004.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 631
  • jadite 002.jpg
    jadite 002.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 630

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thats a cigar and cigarette lighter made by houze in the 30s....its slag glass ....thats a great find...i wouldnt plug it in or rewire it....its worth more in its origional condition....there is a tray it sets on and matching ash trays or ornate smoking stand.....very desireable...

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will not lose much value by having it rewired. By law, it cannot be sold it in it's present condition with the old wire still attached as YOU would be liable for damages. The owner of such an item will want to be able to enjoy it so any value lost by restoration will be gained by having it usable again. You can have it re-wired professionally using modern wire and a plug that is manufactured to look like the old stuff. I recommend it and you'll sleep better at night knowing you didn't sell a potential fire hazard that resulted in tragedy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread