can anyone tell me what this is

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
I know this doesn't really belong in the scrap metals forum but I did pull it out of a junk pile while looking for scrap. On one side is the indian head it says liberty and 1937. The other side is a brass buffalo and says five cents. It unscrews and on the inside it says coin bank jr. Did a ebay search and didn't come up with anything. Trying to figure out what it is. Thanks for any hekp

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
coin bank jr.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is as you described: Screw Open Metal Buffalo Nickle Still Bank marked "Coin Bank Jr." inside. It is about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch high. Made of a non magnetic metal that looks like it once had a shiny finish that has mostly gone to patina. Each side is the reverse and obverse of a 1913 Buffalo Nickle. Coin slot on the side and it screws open to retrieve the coins. (per Worth Point)
Don.......

Last edited:

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think it's some kind of coin bank patterned after the buffalo nickel.

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
Thanks for the help. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth. Found 2 of them in the same junk pile. Thanks

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fill em up with some suzy B's & other coins give em to the kids at Christmas. I've been doing this for years with Starbucks bottles for the grandkids. They almost like em better than the other toys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions