Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
This pertains to Mining in Keyesville CA
Keyesville: Recreational Mining
Here's what BLM is proposing to do.
here is the Quote from them.

"Permits will be required for recreational prospecting taking place outside mining claims in order to make sure prospectors understand the laws and only work in specified recreational mining areas. Those owning mining claims will need to provide fifteen day notice to the BLM prior to mining on private claims in Keyesville."

Well I'm ok with the permit on the recreational mining areas and think they can do that but the fifteen day notice to the BLM prior to mining on private claims I have a problem with. Note there is a GPAA Claim Involved here and other private claims plus some un-claimed areas.
So do you think BLM can inpose this on us casual use Miners.

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't read what I wrote did you?

WE FILE A WAIVER AND TURN IN OUR ASSESMENT WORK

PAYING MAINTENANCE FEES ARE SILLY WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD CLAIM YOU WORK OFTEN

THE SMALL MINERS WAIVER IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE

Which is something I said already!

They have tried to lose the waiver for years FYI

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Write up a short form letter.

Dear BLM, Here is your 15 day notice.

Regards.

Send it via email on the 1st of the month and the 15th. Put it on auto delivery for twice a month, every month.

Your covered.
Shoot how about walk out on your porch 15 days prior and yell it out loud....NOTICE GIVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats all theyll get from me

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Apparently, you didn't read what I showed from BLM. If you can say it's not, versus what they are attempting to do, explain how it's "NOT GOING ANYWHERE"?

That's the same proposal BLM have offered every budget year since 1998. It's really more of a wish list for their greenie upper management. It helps some congresscritters get reelected because they can tell their greenie voters "I tried but those evil (insert other party here) blocked all my attempts to make this a perfect world for you."

The reason this isn't going anywhere is the same reason it didn't go anywhere in the last 18 years. Congress won't be rewriting the mining laws in a budget bill. The budget would never pass and the bill would be killed in the courts.

Heavy Pans

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The government can do whatever it wants to do. For example they put a moratorium on patents in 1994. Moratorium = temporary ban. 22 years later and you still can't patent. The mining act says that you can patent. So much for the mining act!

Jmpatterson

Oct 31, 2019
Ashland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites...haven't used it just yet.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well BLM dose do what they want..this much I know.they have a long time of doing as they please.

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They stuck their asses all over Chicken and Jack Wade closed all the places folks had been parking for 40 yrs or so... Havent been over there for a couple of years now, probably not again now. But thats progress Eeeh!!

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Special use permit? We don't need no stinkin' special use permit!
CFR Title 36: Parks, Forests, and Public Property

CHAPTER II: FOREST SERVICE, DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE

PART 251: LAND USES

Subpart B: Special Uses

251.50 - Scope.

(a) All uses of National Forest System lands, improvements, and resources, except those authorized by the regulations governing sharing use of roads; grazing and livestock use; the sale and disposal of timber and special forest products, such as greens, mushrooms, and medicinal plants); and minerals are designated "special uses".

So I'll shorten it for a clearer reading/understanding/
a) All uses of National Forest System lands, improvements, and resources, except those authorized by the regulations governing minerals are designated "special uses.
----------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------- ------------------------

Mining is not a special use, and as Barry says: "Congress won't be rewriting the mining laws in a budget bill"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread