Can i get an id and time period please

Dirttrax

Jan 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone could give an time period/id of the small knife/tool posted and a id of the broke pictured in my hand next to the motley.
Both are west tn finds. The base of the broke looks "Benton" to me but ive never seen one so narrow. Thanks for any help.
Tool1.PNG
Tool2.jpg
knife.jpg

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
The first piece in question looks like a nice scraper from what I can see. Is it worked on both sides?
I don’t wanna guess on the broken type.

OP
OP
D

Dirttrax

Jan 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first piece in question looks like a nice scraper from what I can see. Is it worked on both sides?
I don’t wanna guess on the broken type.

Yeah it’s worked on both sides all the way around

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first one looks like a really nice turtle-back scraper. Good color in material.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , maybe it’s a Benton narrow blade ? What’s the story of the hole one next to it ? Heck of a nice one too

OP
OP
D

Dirttrax

Jan 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , maybe it’s a Benton narrow blade ? What’s the story of the hole one next to it ? Heck of a nice one too

Went to new creek after a rain and followed footprints and was getting discouraged and then “bam” the motley was just laying out. Went back to that same creek today and found a big broke pickwick.

OP
OP
D

Dirttrax

Jan 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah the motley is prolly one of the nicest I’ve held. Here’s the broke pick wick from same creek today. 6AB28568-2FA3-4302-BEB2-652B4A7D2207.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread