Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, Thank you in advance for any consideration. :notworthy:
I have always loved these rocks (see pics, sorry so few/blurry).
I think the gold/red sparkly ones are called Sun Stones? :icon_scratch: I am unsure if they are man made or naturally occurring. If the pics aren't clear enough..... they have that sparkly reflective sparkles in them, that almost look like glitter.

Same with the green stones, but not to as "great" of a degree. I'm thinking they are aventurine?? but never seen pics with them so "sparkly" like they are. :dontknow:

Any/all input and clarification on these is much needed. What they're called, other names they may go by, anything.....
thanks a lot!

rock1.jpg rock2.jpg

This last pic is one I found on the www, the green ones look kinda sorta like this also, just not quite as much.

rock3.jpg

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The green might be aventurine. The red ones name I can't remember.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks EUC, I mentioned you, your talents, and gemstones to a friend the other evening. :notworthy:
I'm trying to catch pics for internet, while I got some winter sun today...... :BangHead:
I wonder sometimes, especially during rainy season, how why we call it the sunshine state. :laughing7:
Yes, thanks any input is appreciated, when I get sit down later and do my research, pic editing, writing listings....
some days, my days never end...... :laughing7: I'm sure a lot of ya'll can relate. :hello:

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you. I saw your jewellery on etsy, do you do them yourself?

The red is called goldstone! Man-made I want to recall. It was teasing me the whole evening.:BangHead:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I saw your jewellery on etsy, do you do them yourself?

The red is called goldstone! Man-made I want to recall. It was teasing me the whole evening.:BangHead:
Yeah, sorry to do that to ya, LOL. Like when a song gets stuck in your head...... I'll hafta do more research on them at night.

The vintage jewelry, no, I don't make it. The gold trimmed seashell earrings I source the shells already electroplated. I still have to sort and grade them, to get best match, and assemble them. I have plans to get my own electroplater pen, just been too busy to get any time to be able to do it or to start electroplating stuffs, myself. The other little seashells are ones I collect when I'm metal detecting. I got YEARS of shells, corals, sponges, LOL.

I'd love to be able to learn and do more "hands-on" stuff, just not enough time to take on additional endeavours, atm.
Let me know if any of ya'll know any more about them rocks, and thanks again, too.

Upvote 0

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made the mistake of showing my wife your etsy site and she bought a pendant!!:BangHead: J/K You have nice jewelry on your site. My wife and I are novice rock hunters. She would really like to make her own jewelry one day. I want to get a tumbler not only for the rocks we find but to clean up my clad from Metal Detecting. Thanks for posting.:thumbsup: BTW She ordered a blue sea shell pendant.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread