Can I have a side of silver with that order please??

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008
I have been having incredible luck going through bank drive thrus. Most of the time the tellers have loose halves and place them in an envelope. I usually hear that familiar clank as I open the canister. This week I have gotten 16 40 percenters and 1 ninety percenter from various drive thrus. In the past I have even gotten Standing Liberties and Franklin's.

Does anyone else ask for halves at the drive thru? Just curious?

Upvote 0

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
Ive tried it several times now and so far have never found a single silver half that way...

All my finds have come from boxes.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
coinfinder said:
I have been having incredible luck going through bank drive thrus. Most of the time the tellers have loose halves and place them in an envelope. I usually hear that familiar clank as I open the canister. This week I have gotten 16 40 percenters and 1 ninety percenter from various drive thrus. In the past I have even gotten Standing Liberties and Franklin's.

Does anyone else ask for halves at the drive thru? Just curious?

Oh yes me too, occasionally she tells me they have a bunch and I''l need to come in to get them!

OP
OP
C

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008
I have had that happen. I have also had them send $150 through the tubes, 4 rolls at a time. Boy was the person behind me mad! This approach really helps if you have kids in the car. My 4 year old always asks for a lollipop when I talk to the teller...maybe that's the trick in getting silver??? ;D

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do it if the bank lobby is closed. Once had a teller pass $1000 through the drive through. Found a solid roll of 40's in that batch. Other times if I have been to the bank a lot in the past few weeks I will hit the drive through just to get different tellers.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
usually when i ask inside they ask all the other tellers including the drive-thru teller. i suppose i would only go to the drive-thru if the bank had already closed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread