image.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had flint in mine,did not hurt the fish or turtles i had at the time.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this on the internet:

"The received wisdom I rely on is to generally avoid any rocks with a high calcium or magnesium carbonate content, such as limestone, dolomite, coral etc. as they will disolve over time and increase the pH of the tank and the hardness of the water (especially in tropical tanks).

The best way to test this is either with strong vinegar or diluted acid (such as hydrochloric) which is probably avaliable from a chemist if you ask. If it fizzes or bubbles when the acid is applied it is too calcic for the aquarium."

I think that pretty much answers your question. Happy fish, busy knapping tiny little points of flint. :laughing7: Yak

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much do you want? This is a old pick it has doubled since.

Attachments

• SDC10496.JPG
    SDC10496.JPG
    744.2 KB · Views: 80

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have put points in fish tank and other stones never hurt the fish. points look good laying on the bottom in the gravel.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a artifact is broken so bad you cant tell what it use to be I put it in the bucket. I hunt fields and creeks. Both spots I find broken artifacts but the fields are the worst.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
If the rock is clean, i don't think it would hurt the fish. I have seen some rocks be hurt by the aquarium environment, I'm not sure if the water is too acidic or if it's the fish poo, nitrates, phosphates, etc. But some types of rock can be damaged in that type of environment.

I'd guess nice, translucent material like that would be better than chalky materials.

Joshua

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread