Can lucky number "7" be used in dowsing and in metal detecting for better performanc?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was a young man working in construction a co worker couldn't locate a water line and didn't want to hit it with the excavator. He pulled out two pieces of copper wire shaped like big L's and held one in each hand walking slowly across a 20 foot area where we knew there was a water line buried. The two wires crossed above the water line. I didn't believe him and thought he was pulling my chain. He then gave me the large L's made of copper and I tried it myself. It's hard to not believe when you have done it yourself. We then got back to digging and sure enough, the water line was right there. This was a 3/4 inch water line running from the street up to the home.
I love to metal detect and have never tried to dowse finding treasure but that doesn't mean someone out there can't.

That's pretty similar to my experience...I've seen and done it with water and it worked (I did it after the old guys did at the same site). I didn't find it on my own in other words.

Later, my Dad was telling me it would work on buried lines...At work while at a building we own and We Knew where a gas line was, he said come on and I'll show you. We went out and the rods crossed for him every time he was getting near and then over the line....from the tie in to the building.

He handed them to me, I did not get one hit! haha! Even at the main... It was the strangest thing.

I didn't know until reading about it on Tnet that folks dowsed for gold or PM's. I've never tried it but a member here did tell me what to buy at HD if I wanted something other than wire coat hangers.

I'll try it sometime and that gas line again.

Kace

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If equal results were obtained in tests: It would only show that tennis balls DO work. Not that dowsing DOESN'T work.
Fantastic.

HMM, I see now. So there really ARE tennis balls that hold dowsing rods in their hands.

Where can one get one and how much do they cost? Do they come several in a package or can you get just a single ball and dowsing rod combo?

Last edited:
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread is about can the "7", being considered the lucky number, help when one is dowsing and metal detecting, not about tennis balls using L-Rods.

In post #10, I pasted an article that explains how a lucky charm, comment, encouraging word can increase ones confidence in ones self.

I think it would do the same for one deciding where to best start scanning with a MD.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... not about tennis balls using L-Rods. .

And no one said anything about tennis balls operating L-rods.

They suggested that maybe the finds , of randomly tossing tennis balls into the air (and detecting/digging where they land) might be similar to the finds/success made @ dowsing.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
l know exactly what was meant and why.

I was the one who took on that challenge in July 2014 and my dowsing won the day even in a short range toss. Not only that, I did the comparison in a city park where skeptics said "junk is everywhere."

Tell you what, you stick to throwing tennis balls and I will stick to using L-Rods while packing my new lucky #7# charm when making a very long distance dowsing shot, and see if you can throw a tennis ball that far in order to match accuracy.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Tell you what, you stick to throwing tennis balls and I will stick to using L-Rods while packing my new lucky #7# charm when making a very long distance dowsing shot, and see if you can throw a tennis ball that far in order to match accuracy.

I sure could have used some luck last night. Took me 16 hours to come back home from Utah. Snow, snow and more snow

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
When I see the title "lucky #7", I can't help but remember comedian Steve Martin's sketch. Anyone here old enough to remember this Steve Martin's comedy sketch ? ;)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
HMM, I see now. So there really ARE tennis balls that hold dowsing rods in their hands

And no one said anything about tennis balls operating L-rods.

They suggested that maybe the finds , of randomly tossing tennis balls into the air (and detecting/digging where they land) might be similar to the finds/success made @ dowsing.

Gee Tom. I
dumped a bag of green jelly beans on a lawn. The must of had handles because I found the little things

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic.

HMM, I see now. So there really ARE tennis balls that hold dowsing rods in their hands.

Where can one get one and how much do they cost? Do they come several in a package or can you get just a single ball and dowsing rod combo?

Lol just the vision of that made me laugh. I built a keychain size rotating rod a while ago, if I still have it I'm gonna attach it to a tennis ball just for fun.:laughing7:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol just the vision of that made me laugh. I built a keychain size rotating rod a while ago, if I still have it I'm gonna attach it to a tennis ball just for fun.:laughing7:

Darke, please post a video of it too. Maybe tom would believe THAT. :thumbsup::icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I see the title "lucky #7", I can't help but remember comedian Steve Martin's sketch. Anyone here old enough to remember this Steve Martin's comedy sketch ? ;)

I believe in lots of things, especially all the participants here on TH. Yes, we all have our own views, opinions, and ways. But that doesn't matter. What matters is we are all brothers (and sisters) in the same human family, and a family of children of God.

That, being said, I dedicate this song to ya'll. Enjoy:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IwAnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1WyfbXZSkm-kEjieRA5FMn

Last edited:
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, back from a long weekend of cold and more cold. It is very cold and windy today also.

Pictured here are to my latest things I found while dowsing saturday. Two pieces of badly rusted metal and one penny, and of course my lucky #7 charm I now carry when I go out dowsing. If I go dowsing again today and find something, i will post their pictures also.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and enjoy the pics.

I couldn't help but think of some of the things we do and have in life that works like lucky charms. One such thing is having cheerleaders cheering their teams on. In the process, they do some spectacular gymnastics. Even though the cheerleaders are not themselves players, their routines helps give their team just that much more confidence during their games which can make the difference between winning or losing. If it did not work that way, no one would have cheerleaders urging their team on. It's so simple.

Attachments

• S5303750.JPG
    S5303750.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sure could have used some luck last night. Took me 16 hours to come back home from Utah. Snow, snow and more snow
Art. Where in Utah did you go to? They were getting slammed really hard in the northern areas.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Art. Where in Utah did you go to? They were getting slammed really hard in the northern areas..…..
there is a city park under 100 miles above Salt Lake City that is loaded with gold. There is a NASA engineering station near there ...Art

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... a city park under 100 miles above Salt Lake City that is loaded with gold. ....

Count me in. I'm on my way.

I've just sent an email, and left a voicemail. To the city staff there. Asking: "Can I dig up gold in the city park there ?". Which, will no doubt, be passed on to their city attorney. Who ... of course ... will say "no". Which, of course, simply means: They are trying to hide the treasure and keep it for themselves ! So the "no" will be all-the-more proof that this "gold" exists, and further the validation of the dowsing that showed the gold there !

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there is a city park under 100 miles above Salt Lake City that is loaded with gold. There is a NASA engineering station near there ...Art

Art. How did you come by this information?

I went dowsing today and will post a picture of my find when I can get to a computer. I have not been able to post pictures using this new
Smart phone yet.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not so fast Tom, I am from Utah and I know where Art is referring to. Here, read
this about that place. Sleep well. Nighty night.

In another building at *******, the segments are lowered into an underground shaft where they will be loaded with solid rocket fuel, a mixture of aluminum powder fuel and ammonium perchlorate as the oxidizer. All you need is the right spark to set it off. That's provided by a part of the ignition system that isn’t put in place until the time of launch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the piece of junk I found yesterday while dowsing. No matter what I did, I could not get a clear focus on it.

Shortly after finding this item, I was looking on facebook where some people were detecting with Garrett MD's. They were digging up all kinds of trash, much like this piece. Yet, it was a BIG deal. They loved and proudly showed their magnificent pieces of trash and all.

So why is it that dowsers are expected to find only that big, rich, treasure things when we going dowsing and when we don't, all of a sudden dowsing does not work?

Now I can understand a child who finds their first rusty nail will feel real good about it. Adults? That's another story even though junk is junk no matter who finds it and how.

I will go dowsing again today and will show and tell if I find something on Monday.

Enjoy.

P.S. I did not show my lucky charm in this picture but I still have it and will show it again in my next picture. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• S5303753.JPG
    S5303753.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Count me in. I'm on my way.

I've just sent an email, and left a voicemail. To the city staff there. Asking: "Can I dig up gold in the city park there ?". Which, will no doubt, be passed on to their city attorney. Who ... of course ... will say "no". Which, of course, simply means: They are trying to hide the treasure and keep it for themselves ! So the "no" will be all-the-more proof that this "gold" exists, and further the validation of the dowsing that showed the gold there !

To far Tom..Bye bye

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread