Can lucky number "7" be used in dowsing and in metal detecting for better performanc?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, this is a new one to me ! :) "Device-less dowsing" is simply an synonym for "metal detecting", if I'm understanding you correctly.

What's odd is, that if you asked 10,000 people to Define "device-less dowsing" I'll bet dollars to donuts that none of them would ever dream up to answer: "metal detecting" . So again: You know definitions that most everyone (by your own admission) doesn't know of. Hmmm, kind of makes you wonder, eh ?

And what makes this even more ironic, is that some (a lot) of those md'rs could actually even dis-believe in dowsing . Silly them that didn't know that ..... actually, ..... they ARE dowsing. Wow. Ok :)
That is correct, but not silly on their part, just ignorant.

Using rods to dowse is just one way, and even then some dowsers use two rods and some use only one rod.

Body dowsing or "Deviceless dowsing" as it is also called is another way. But even then there are different styles in body dowsing too.
A few posts back, dowsing using a bobber was mentioned and suggested for me to use. I had heard of it before, but after looking it up, I am now sure I can use it very affectively.

Another picture of a dowsing find coming tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

Nighty night.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
That is correct, but not silly on their part, just ignorant....

Ok. Gotcha. The common understood vernacular (heck, even dictionary ) definitions, have simply been incorrect all these years. Who woulda-thunk it ?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lucky number seven and a long prayer will help

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have any of the skeptics ever hear of map dowsing? It is another form of dowsing where a rod or pendulum is used. One really good exercise is seeing how close you can get to locating city halls of places you have never been to or never knew existed.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Have any of the skeptics ever hear of map dowsing? It is another form of dowsing where a rod or pendulum is used....

Yes. This skeptic has heard of it. And I'm sure that that too has some basis in logical science. Right ? Albeit ... perhaps ... un-discovered science. Right ?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some videos about dowsing and a picture of the bobby pin I found two days ago while dowsing. All of the reasons these dowsing methods work has already been identified. Nothing mysterious.

For my dowsing bobber, I am going to use a willow stick that is long enough to spank a skeptic if one comes close enough.

P.S. Thank you Darke for post #131.

Enjoy all.

Attachments

• IMG_7600.JPG
    IMG_7600.JPG
    879.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
claircogniznace.....when you just know...

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
claircogniznace.....when you just know...
Claircogniznace.

Do you ever feel like you “just know” things? Do you have especially good insights in the shower or while you’re driving? Have you ever known who’s on the other end of the line the instant the phone rings?

These are instances of claircognizance–or clear knowing–that many of us feel, but often discount because they’re so ordinary. Of all the forms of knowing – clairvoyance, clairsentience, etc. – claircognizance is arguably the least sexy and hardest to discern. But some psychics argue that experiencing clear knowing is a sign that you’ve intuitively “arrived.”

“When you just know the answer to a client’s question, or the solution to a problem at work–without really thinking about it–that’s so powerful,” says a colleague and fellow psychic. “It’s so easy. And takes so much less energy.”

While claircognizance might not be as fun as clairvoyance or even clairaudience, I have to agree with my colleague now that I’ve cultivated this skill. It’s great to just … know. That said, clear knowing cuts out the middle man of your five senses, and so it takes quite a bit of trust to work with and recognize.

Signs That You’re Claircognizant

1. You are a “thinker.” Those of us with busy, often logical minds frequently have flashes of insight, especially about a problem or puzzle in our lives. However, these flashes can be so common that we don’t recognize them as the instant psychic downloads they are.

2. You interrupt. No, it’s not just bad manners! Claircognizant folks often know what another person in a conversation is going to say, so they respond before the person can even get a full sentence out. If you can often complete other people’s sentences, you may have this ability.

3. You have powerful, specific hunches. Vague intuition is different from the sense of certainty you may get when someone is lying, doing something sketchy, or presenting a false self. If you can often suss out when people are being dishonest, even when everyone else is fooled, you are likely claircognizant.

4. You learn from books or through writing. Many people who have clear knowing find that they learn easily through the written word.

5. You are the go-to problem solver for your tribe. If you are the one everyone comes to with a problem, from crosswords to personal dilemmas to reinventing the wheel, you may be claircognizant.

How to Develop Claircognizance

Minna was a student of mine who swore that she had no psychic ability. Yet when she and I had conversations, I could never get a complete sentence out! She always knew what I was about to say and she often came up with answers – seemingly out of the blue – to questions that other students posed during our class. But she expected psychic ability to show up as visions or graphic premonitions, instead of the simple sense of knowing that she was experiencing. Once she knew that this was a gift, she wanted to develop it further.

I had Minna work with both a pendulum and automatic writing. These are two great ways to practice claircognizance.

Pendulum dowsing can be used to give your claircognizance a workout. Minna worked with her pendulum daily to gain answers to questions in her life. Usually these weren’t epic life questions, but rather small things like, “Will I get a call from my mother tomorrow?” or “Where will my boyfriend take me to dinner?” As she was asking the questions, I told her to be aware of the answers popping into her head before her pendulum answered, and then see if she was right. It took a little while, but soon Minna reported getting answers before her pendulum…and she was accurate about 80% of the time.

Automatic writing is another great way to access clear knowing. This takes trust and faith, but if this psychic ability is one of your gifts, you’ll find it to be amazingly helpful. Take a half hour or so with your journal in a quiet space where you won’t be disturbed. Ask your higher self a question and just let your pen start writing. This may feel fake or silly at first – Minna certainly thought so! It’s important that you don’t think about the answer to the question. Instead, let your mind wander and drop into a meditative state. Your pen will start to move, and while you may observe the words as they flow through your mind, but you won’t be creating them. It’s a subtle difference, so try it and see.

Claircognizance in Daily Life

Clients will often ask me, “What’s the difference between having a thought and claircognizance?” It’s a good question because there is a fine line between them. Thinking is often busy, loud, judgmental, and ego-based. Our minds often have repetitive thoughts and are invested in keeping us safe and hidden. Your wisdom, the voice of your higher self, is quiet, firm, and not always rational or what you would expect to hear.

Sometimes we only recognize our claircognizance in hindsight. We’ve all said, “I knew that was going to happen,” or some variation on that theme. Start to notice in the small details of your life when you know what someone is going to say, or what the movie ending will be, or when you know you shouldn’t go on that date. The more you listen, the more you will see your claircognizance in action.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... Have you ever known who’s on the other end of the line the instant the phone rings?

These are instances of claircognizance–or clear knowing–that many of us feel,.....

Actually, no. That's just an example of selective memory bias. We are always subconsciously thinking of scores of people, all day long. Like in our sleep, 100's of dreams per night. None of which we ever remember, as they are all inconsequential. You just move on to other thoughts. Or you wake up, and forget all your dreams within the first 10 seconds of waking up.

But when one randomly comes true (the phone rings, and it's the person you were just thinking of), then ONLY THEN do you remember your premonitions. And think "aha! I'm psychic". When all it really is, is the trick of selective memory. You likewise have 500 thoughts, premonitions, etc.... that never come true. So you promptly forget all those, and don't make any connections.

And the funny part is, when someone is tasked with this explanation of the "phone thing", it's very easy to dismiss this explanation. Because you will immediately scour your memory, your brain, etc... to see if it's true that scores of other premonitions and dreams "didn't come true". And of course, you WON'T remember any. Leading you to think the singular one is NOT "just random". BUT THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT of "selective memory". Because .... OF COURSE you don't remember all the other times. By definition, they were inconsequential, not connected to any phone calls or anything. So of course you don't "remember" those things. As they had no bearing on anything.

Sort of the same psychology of waking up to your radio alarm clock playing the song you were just dreaming about. Again: Selective memory. Nothing psychic going on. You dreams 100's of dreams per night, none of which ever come true. Till the odd-ball random one that coincidentally does.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The truth and the saddest thing that has happened to these skeptics is they have surrendered themselves to batteries, switches, and connecting wires. But when the battery goes dead, if they forgot to bring along a spare or two, they are as it were dead in the water. In short, skeptics have turned into human robots (R2D2). SAD and boring.

Selective memory is not what dowsing is about or how itt works.

None, no not one of the things I found, junk or coins while dowsing was because I SUDDENLY REMEMBERED where someone dropped or buried them way back in time when I wasn't even there or even alive back in the late 1800's or early 1900's. Ridiculous to say otherwise. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....Selective memory is not what dowsing is or how itt works.....

I never said that. Re-read my post #149, in-context of the quote of yours that I had isolated to address: It was in the context of the phone call coming from "the person you were just thinking of". THAT is what I was addressing , to show how selective memory bias explains that phenomenon. It was not about dowsing. Re-read and you will see.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Knowing or sensing it is John calling the moment the phone rings can happen when you are thinking about Fred or Sam or Jack or any other person for that matter.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Knowing or sensing it is John calling the moment the phone rings can happen when you are thinking about Fred or Sam or Jack or any other person for that matter.

Which is all just the continuing trick of selective memory, by trying to post-analyze "who you were thinking of", @ the moment the phone rings. Therefore, this is going to be self-defeating to self-analyze.

The best I can do to illustrate it, is the "waking up to the music on your radio alarm clock, that you were just dreaming about". So ... follow through with the mutually accepted facts:

a) we dreams hundreds of dreams per night. Right ?

b) none of which ever become coincidentally true. Right ?

c) thus you promptly forget them within 10 seconds of waking up. Right ?

d) But if one of them DID coincidentally come true, THEN you would remember your premonitions. Right ?

Well so too is it with our awake-thought-life. You're subconsciously thinking scores of things, all day long, as the day progresses. None of which ever have any connections, realities to what occurs, etc.... So you do not log them into any sort of "connection" to actual walking-realities. But the moment one of them DOES become coincidentally true (the phone rings, and it's the friend you were just thinking of) THEN you remember your premonitions.

And no amount of back-tracking, to try and sort this out, ever does any good. Because by definition, you have "promptly forgotten" all the various musings and thoughts you had, that .... were just musings and thoughts. All you remember ("connect") is the singular one that did come true.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We dream hundreds of dreams a night????

Whom ever might be coaching you is not very good at it and does not know what they are talking about. You need to find a better coach.

The average person has three to five dreams per night, and some may have up to seven; however, most dreams are immediately or quickly forgotten. Dreams tend to last longer as the night progresses. During a full eight-hour night sleep, most dreams occur in the typical two hours of REM.

I have yet to have a dream about finding a really good goodie while MD'ing or dowsing. So every one of my finds came about independent from your selective memory theory. If I had had such a dream, because of it's profoundly powerful and thrilling conclusion, you can bet I would have remembered it for a long time, and in great detail.

Wake up Tom, you are dreaming.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We dream hundreds of dreams a night????

Whom ever might be coaching you is not very good at it and does not know what they are talking about. You need to find a better coach.

The average person has three to five dreams per night, and some may have up to seven; however, most dreams are immediately or quickly forgotten. Dreams tend to last longer as the night progresses. During a full eight-hour night sleep, most dreams occur in the typical two hours of REM.

I have yet to have a dream about finding a really good goodie while MD'ing or dowsing. So every one of my finds came about independent from your selective memory theory. If I had had such a dream, because of it's powerful and thrilling conclusion, you can bet I would have remembered it for a long time, and in detail.

Wake up Tom, you are dreaming.
You know he never had a coach, plus, he is a nightmare survivor. It must be awful to depend on nightmares all your life.
Les, have you read in the book of Job about The Lord giving you a dream and then close it up. That dream will guide the rest of your life without you even knowing it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... So every one of my finds came about independent from your selective memory theory.....

Les, and I have told you several times now: I don't disagree with you. That wasn't talking about the source or ability of "dowsing". That was addressing what you had said about "the phone & person-calling premonition" thing. NOT about your dowsing finds. Ok ?

Your dowsing finds ... I would attribute to the ideomotor effect : ideomotor effect - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com Which, ironically, is not disputed by a lot of dowsers, in case you didn't know that. They perfectly accept that the ideomotor effect is, in fact, what is moving their rods. But will just add that there is some sort of information that comes, via-those-means.

In any case: The discussion of "memory bias" had nothing to do with dowsing. Ok ? So can we put that to rest ?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure, let's drop it. From post 153 I thought for sure you were trying to keep it alive.

Yes I am one who believes the rods move via the ideomotor response.

Stay tuned for more dowsing finds coming soon.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom can no longer reply to posts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tninja, As a New Member your Pushing Your Luck !

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW, sure is quiet around here now. NICE. Now we can take a nap once again.

Here is a picture of my dowsing find today. It looks like a metal clamp or shield around what was once a string.

Stay tuned. More dowsing finds coming soon.

Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_7621.JPG
    IMG_7621.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions