Can someone help me identifying this gemstone?

TomiWasTaken

Jun 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there! So I got this gemstone today alongside a jasper, a rose quartz and an opal. This was the only gemstone in the basket that didn't have a tag, but I like it a lot and I really want to know what it is! Thank you in advance!
17-06-30-20-31-43-208_deco.jpg

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard. Looks like a piece of polished quartz. Probably tumbled in a rock tumbler. Show us the pictures of the others you got.....:hello2:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TomiWasTaken

Jun 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard. Looks like a piece of polished quartz. Probably tumbled in a rock tumbler. Show us the pictures of the others you got.....:hello2:

Aw, thank you! You're really nice! Here's a photo of the other gemstones, along side a couple more I bought two days ago! One being an agate, the other one didn't have a label either but I'm pretty sure it's a rutilated quartz, but I mean, I'm pretty new to this gem stuff so it is very possible that I'm wrong xD

20170701_012212.jpg

(Also, sorry for bad English! x")

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello there! So I got this gemstone today alongside a jasper, a rose quartz and an opal. This was the only gemstone in the basket that didn't have a tag, but I like it a lot and I really want to know what it is! Thank you in advance!
View attachment 1467084

Could be agate. Do you see any banding? If so - agate.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aw, thank you! You're really nice! Here's a photo of the other gemstones, along side a couple more I bought two days ago! One being an agate, the other one didn't have a label either but I'm pretty sure it's a rutilated quartz, but I mean, I'm pretty new to this gem stuff so it is very possible that I'm wrong xD

View attachment 1467110

(Also, sorry for bad English! x")

From the left:
Quartz
Jasper
Moonstone or opal
Jasper
Quartz

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions