Can someone help my son with his Flat Stanley school project? Very easy!

B

Bev

Hi all,

My son, Colby is 9 years old and has a project called "Flat Stanley". My son needs to ask someone to take "Flat Stanley" on a trip with them.

I'm hoping that someone (maybe even out of the US) will volunteer to have us mail "Flat Stanley" to them with a postage paid return envelope, maybe take a picture of Stan metal detecting with them and sending him back maybe with a coin he dug or something else that's cool so that Colby can write a report about the adventure. (Flat Stanley I believe is a drawn person on paper easily fit in an envelope!)

If anyone thinks they might be interested in doing this please let me know, he is going to write his letter to that person and will be sending it out tomorrow.

Thank you SOoooo much!

Here is a link you can click, or just Google Flatstanley.com to read more about it.

http://www.flatstanley.com/

S

stefen

This will be Dude's first roadtrip...

Attachments

• DUDE.jpg
    DUDE.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 370
  • DUDE.jpg
    DUDE.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 365
OP
OP
B

Bev

AAwwww!!!!! I love it!
This will be absolutely fabulous!!!
I'll PM you back for your address so Colby can write you the introduction letter!

THANK YOU~

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev said:
If anyone thinks they might be interested in doing this please let me know, he is going to write his letter to that person and will be sending it out tomorrow.

Bev, I'm a U.S. Foreign Service Officer and would be happy to have Flat Stanley come for a visit to my home in Singapore. I have a U.S. Diplomatic address in Virginia so overseas postage will not be an issue. However, I can mail him back from a Singapore post office which will give your child some stamps too.

Let me know if interested.

Peter

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember my daughters doing the flat stanley thing many years ago. Pretty cool !!

OP
OP
B

Bev

PKennett said:
Bev said:

Bev, I'm a U.S. Foreign Service Officer and would be happy to have Flat Stanley come for a visit to my home in Singapore. I have a U.S. Diplomatic address in Virginia so overseas postage will not be an issue. However, I can mail him back from a Singapore post office which will give your child some stamps too.

Let me know if interested.

Peter

I wonder if we can send him a few places? I'll have to check the site! I wish I could stuff myself in an envelope!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my daughter who is 5 and in K just brought home Brown Bear

yup, we had to write a paper over the weekend on all of Brown Bears adventures and take him with us in our travels over the weekend and then we included a picture of Brown Bear eating most of Nicole's Halloween candy too....lol

ahhh, the school projects...don't ya just love them

all homework she has brought home I HAD TO DO basically lol I am getting smarter by the minute
:P

Flat Stanley sounds cool!

OP
OP
B

Bev

It's crazy, I never heard of this stuff. It seems like they have a lot more projects than we did as kids!

I gave the addresses to the teacher and you should be getting stuff in the mail very soon!

Unreal!

Slugrusher

I wonder if we can send him a few places? I'll have to check the site! I wish I could stuff myself in an envelope!

When my nephew dealt with Flat Stanley and later with my son, we sent him everywhere. Brazil, Germany, Bahamas, Texas, Cali, Canada and finally back home. Yes, it cost some in postage but he had great photos all over the place.

Have fun.

Peter, that's cool, Singapore. I'll bet a first for that school.

OP
OP
B

Bev

Hey Peter,

Teacher said cool- Just PM me your Singapore address!

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev said:

Bev, I'm not at home (Singapore) right now, but when I head back there I will let you know.

Peter

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I signed up for this, and ol Flat Stanley and me are gonna get 'high in Colorado' when he gets here. Figuratively speakin, of course. I encourage everybody on Tnet to get involved if they can on anything that helps the kids' school projects, when they ask us for help.

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev said:
Hey Peter,

Bev, I am boarding a flight to Singapore right now, so if you want to send Flat Stanley to me, use the following address:

Peter Kennett
Unit 4280 Box 1603
DPO, AP 96507

In early January he can also go with me on a SCUBA trip to Indonesia, if you want to wait.
Otherwise I'll just take him around Singapore and send him back soon. Also, my wife is flying out to visit in January and she can take Stanley with her back to Fiji (she is also a Foreign Service Officer posted in Fiji). Alternatively, my daughter will be flying back to New Mexico in January (after the dive trip) and can bring Stanley back to America with her. Your choice!

Peter

Peter

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am about to "hit the road" in my RV. Can stanley drive?? He and I will visit many exotic placenames! You may have started a "thing" that may be bigger than you and Colby can handle. :laughing7: :laughing9: :hello2: TTC

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not very glamorous, but, I can take F.S. around the Rose Capitol of Texas and on a few MD hunts. That is, if he has time after getting back from Singapore and Fiji and diving and ???
PM me if I can help with the project.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread