Can someone name this digger for me ??

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CIMG6435.JPG CIMG6436.JPG CIMG6437.JPG I bought this about 10 yrs ago and love it but cant remember where I got it and its name// I wanted to reply to several posts about it but ?? name. Perry

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it maybe the Samson t handle you can find it on amazon? or maybe kellyco?

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must not use it much. I've only had mine two years and it looks like polished chrome, and I've painted it once. They are very well made. I love mine. Light but tough.

HH, RN

Have you ever bent it? I think I might have bent the angle of the blade. In other words my blade is straight aligned with the shaft. I could have sworn there was a slight angle (blade to shaft) when it was new.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Christen your shovel - "Bob T. Handle"

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever bent it? I think I might have bent the angle of the blade. In other words my blade is straight aligned with the shaft. I could have sworn there was a slight angle (blade to shaft) when it was new.
Nope. It's held up well

There is a slight angle to mine.
HH, RN

Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I thought thanks.

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used it a lot and it has NOT bent at all--I do sharpen the blade now and then// Perry

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine has bent at the blade / handle connection. I have bent it back straight numerous times, so eventually it's going to develop a stress fracture. Even with that in mind, it's still the best digging tool I've ever found for yards and parks.

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have this shovel and it's excellent. Mine has the ball-end handle rather than the T-handle. The ball-end allows you to carry it upside-down in a tool-belt hammer loop on your detector pouch belt.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that doesn't jab you in the hip or waist when stepping over a log/rock or just plain walking? I guess I am to short is mine will hit the bottom of my leg when I use the waist clip

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that doesn't jab you in the hip or waist when stepping over a log/rock or just plain walking? I guess I am to short is mine will hit the bottom of my leg when I use the waist clip

No, because I put it on the hip. It rotates without digging in if I bend at the waist, and because it's on my side rather than in front or behind, it doesn't get in the way when walking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread