Can someone please help?

Walldow

Feb 27, 2017
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher F-22, Garrett Carrot, Detech ultimate coil, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've recently purchased a teknetics T2 SE and just cannot figure this machine out??? I currently use a Fisher F-22 a Garrett AT Pro and a friend uses a Fisher F-75 that I've used quite a few times. I'm getting odd tones and numbers pop cans are hitting at 98 coins are hitting in the 60s I like the feel and swing of this machine but I'm unsure if it's the operator or the machine?? I run at 75 sensitivity 21 Disc and 4 tone. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you done a factory reset yet?

OP
OP
W

Walldow

Feb 27, 2017
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher F-22, Garrett Carrot, Detech ultimate coil, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I haven't the machine is new out of box 2 days ago

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about this machine, but I recall hearing that quarters hit in the 89-90 range.

Have you done an air test to see what you are getting?

If those numbers look like what you are getting, then maybe there is other ground conditions that are messing with your numbers?

Are the batteries new?

Coil and cord on tight and secured properly?

Are you in an area with high EMI?

Any electronics on you that may be interfering?

Failing all that, then try a factory reset and see if that improves thing.

One last thing (and forgive me if you are offended by this), but are you testing your machine indoors or outdoors?

Good luck

OP
OP
W

Walldow

Feb 27, 2017
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no power source anywhere near me it's been cut to the house I'm at. Air test is fine I have a coin garden in my yard with new to silver coins. Batteries are brand new. I'm outdoors LOL I guess I will just give it some time maybe just a learning curve on this one but I can say this thing has some serious depth!! Dug a 1910 wheat today at about 14 inches in great shape

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"I'm getting odd tones and numbers pop cans are hitting at 98 coins are hitting in the 60s"

I don't know anything about your machine but I can say this "Forget about what it's trying to tell you when looking at the numbers"

Pop cans are going to load the machine to the max the ultimate metal, large target, yum-yum.

Being a Deus (newbie) the machine hits on 85 for cans and coinage can fall between 65-90's
Learn the sounds then the #'s it'll be easier in the long run.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe go down to 3 tone or 2. The extra tone you are running may also add to the confusion. When in doubt drop your sensitivity even further. See if it helps. If you hold your machine up in the air and its chattery then its emi. They are a powerful machine. Good luck.

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions