Can someone tell me the name or type of point this is? Found in Houston County, Ga

4runner

Nov 26, 2013
Savannah, Ga
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image-1370101567.jpg

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure.. it looks to be a Hernando with some damage to the stem and one ear.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I would agree it's an assymetrical Hernando.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet and hope to see more of your finds, rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you rock, I you see more of them too! I have moved to Savannah, Ga and having a hard time finding places to look.

PM GArebel on here and ask him if he knows anyone in the area that can take you on a hunt. Im in the middle of plowed fields here and still have a hard time every once in a while. All the fields are plowed rite now and I cant seem to get but 1 day off in 3 weeks. Im missing my hunting season of the yr.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen some written opinions from "scholars" and those of us who find Hernando Points also speak about the size and the thinness of these points. They are more than not usually well made. We often think they are very specialized points for hunting larger prey and also for human warfare during the times when, at least in FL, the land was diminishing in size and people/groups were having to interact with eachother....
All of us in FL love Hernando points and they are found in good amounts up to GA but are found in great number North of St. Petersburg along the Gulf Coast. 500 BC - 200 AD in FL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread