doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice post Pinenut forgot how good the Eldorado was If I even saw a Eldorado used at a good price in Canada here I would be tempted to buy one even after all I said before, hell Im a Tesoro fan cant wait to own another one. I can't get enough of this site you guys are really good to talk to here. So if I did see a used Eldorado or Bandido I could use that as a spare or borrow it to a friend or as a go to here before my new Vaq.

As for the Compadre and Mojave, I could pick up a Compadre new for $210 or Mojave for $340 CAN but if I seen a Eld or Ban for $300 CAN I would likely buy it. But thinking about the new Mojave as a go to machine over the new Compadre as I already own a Vaq already. I would likely never see this used for a long time for this price here in CAN compared to picking this up in the US for a highert price, Plain and simple!

So back to what tabman and I said pick up a used Vaq if you can, even before the new release if you can get a good deal on it as you can always sell it, but not sue why you would. I will tell you if I seen a Elderado for $300 vs a used 8" coil Outlaw for $350 - $375 CAN I would have my hands on the Outlaw instead, just because.

I know were alot of people are coming from that the Eldoroado All metal switch is likely better then Vaq's All Metal/discrimnate knob setting itself I agree with that, but the Pinpoint has a nice feature not sure the Eldorado has when you press it half way in and the super tune as well. I would read the Mastering the Tesoro and Vaquero Metal Detectors if you are more interested in determining the Vaq over the Eld still and review this site if not already done so, to come to a conclusion of a Vaq or Eld.

Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

HH.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still enjoy the Eldo..

Switch the Eldorado over to all metal for pinpointing, and it works just like the pinpointing on Vaquero. Sounds sort of "duck-like", but it's VCO, same as Vaquero. Difference is you can toggle it over on Eldorado, instead of pushing the red button. My Vaquero is (a bit) deeper than the Eldorado, but I think the Eldorado is a smoother operator. For a 15 year old detector, Eldorado is no slouch...

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
duck like sorta like the sound on the lobo elliptical sweeps i hear maybe then, I like hearing that sound, good to know if that is the same sound here that of the Vaq.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smaller gold jewerlery would the Vaq have a bit of edge over the Eldo with it's higher frequency I think here, not sure.. but I will leave this up to the more experinced users to add, I think either would do very well maybe the Vaq may have the edge but think the coil would help if it was smalller to pinpoint on and maybe that extra freq would benifit over the 10.6 KHz vs the Vaq'a 14.7 KHz but yes would be more smoother operation on Eldo especially when looking for silver, but for gold the vaq smooth operation may not be to far off IMO.

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard and seen the pictures before though as Pinenut has mentioned on the Eldo and even on the Outaw lower frequency machines vs the higher machines say vs the Vaq on smooth operation, tendencies to find more vs the other in an area rich in finds the user may tend to pick up more treasure and move along with his chances of finds increasing. I think though one would need to make sure there sensitivity is not so high then to compesate for falsing in ground mineralization, more manual GB more often..but yes you likely would be continously pick up more being more stable. Vaq not that far off still and chances hitter deeper finer gold is up there though.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a toss up..

Smaller gold jewerlery would the Vaq have a bit of edge over the Eldo with it's higher frequency...

I don't think it would matter much, the Vaquero having the higher frequency. The Eldorado still has a little greater range of disc acceptance, it being the ED-180 vs the Vaquero's ED-165 (?).

I do know that with a 5.75 coil on the Eldo and disc set to minimum, it'll see standard size steel staples and bb's, several inches down in totlot sand (took me a while to find 'em..). If it'll see those, it shouldn't miss any tiny gold.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right ok that makes sense I forgot that the 180 vs the Vaq 165 that would make sense.

Thanks.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small box Eldorado Question

Kinda old thread but enjoyed reading. Eldorado small box is not µmax so what is going on inside that's different in a µmax [any model] machine? I missed out on a Eldorado recently because I'd never heard of it and it sold before i got back to the owner.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Welgund you been saying the Compadres will probably go for some time now..:laughing7: but betcha it is hard to give up because they hit so hard on small gold hey? Don't cha just wana keep just one?:laughing7::headbang:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also because you already own the Mojave, wouldn't you think the Compadre would still be good to hold onto for an easy to grab, throw in the car type of detector, and you likely modded it anyways I imagine would gives you better versatility..down the road. Keep the donut at least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread