Can you direct me to.....

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you guys tell me what the best carrying cases are so that I can put my GTI2500, Ace 250 and 2 box in along with all my gear. (3) boxes one for each detector plus its coils digging tools etc? I will need one 45 inches or longer as not to break them down. The only ones I have seen that are long enough and deep enough are 200+ dollars. Are there any cheaper?

T

treasurejack

I'd start with the manufacture and see what cases they know about. Then, if you can't get what you want there, I'd try a gun shop or online gun dealer because they have access to all sorts of padded lockers and cases that you might be able to modify.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes foten the manufacture has somethign to offer..

Ahunter

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
If you want to have them in separate hard cases, I think the best be would be hard gun cases. They come with padding you can modify for the electronics and are considerably less expensive than custom cases. Remember to open the cases at home so condensation doesn't build up. I carry all my paraphenalia (digging tools, snake leggings, spare headphones, etc) in a hard plastic box I got at Wal-Mart for about $25,00.

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the Pelicans would be nice but are 175 at the cheapest and another 75.00 to ship 3. I found these at a local store. They are golf bags but I think they would work with a little padding and I could fit all my gear in each one. What do you guys think. These are 80.00 each and I can pick these up with any shipping

Attachments

• golfskb4810lg.jpg
    golfskb4810lg.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 192

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that bow cases (bow and arrow) are cheap and work great. I haven't shopped for one yet though so I can't give you specifics.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Last month i ordered 2 duffel bags, from champs sporting. On there website they have a nice red Micheal Jordan duffel bag,inside it i have my Minelab SE broke down,with coil,and also have my Excalibur 1000,i do not have the top shaft,i purchased a 2 peace straight shaft and it fits perfect,inside bag.The other bag is a large Nike black duffel,it is larger than the Jordan and would have more room,but i like the red Jordan it.s compact and everything fits securely.In the larger black Nike,i have my backpack,2 foot sand scoop,other accs,knee pads,digging tools,etc,I'm able to transport alot in these 2 duffel bags,and once in my pickup truck,i purchased a long secure cable,where they sell locks from walmart,different length,15 feet,that i wrap around both duffel bags several times ,and then i secure underneath seat frame,and lock down,Know way someone will take,no matter how hard they try.Just a suggestion,that someone might try.Sometimes it would be easier to break the unit down,rather than allow someone to think u have a valuable object with you.Ronald99 ??? ::)

Ahunter

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
The golf bag looks good. Pad it with foam and I think you would be set. Don't forget to open the case at home or you will have wet electronics in no time.

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up buying 3 bow and arrow cases. All three fit with only collapsing the rod. They were only 27.00 Each. Not airline proof but will work. Thanks for all your replies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions