Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been going through some old family diary's and geneology reports from the revolutionary war up into the civil war. I got a kick out of reading about these old accounts from up around PA. and Va and the local Indians. Hope you can see them ok.
TnMtns
100_2961.JPG
100_2962.JPG

Attachments

• 100_2961.JPG
    100_2961.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 420
  • 100_2962.JPG
    100_2962.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Great material Richard. I really enjoy reading first hand accounts like these diary pages. They offer a rare glimpse into the historic contact period. There is much you can learn from these articles. I found this especially interesting because I've researched and read about the northern Va. / sw Pa. area and names and places like Morgan and Morgantown I'm very familiar with. I lived in Motown for 4 years. Thanks for putting these up.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are welcome guy's. I wonder if Morgan town may have been named from these Morgan's ? It makes sense. Imagine getting off for murder because you swore a blood oath or squirrel hide for eyebrows.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if U.S. Senator Robert K.K.K. Bird changed the spelling of his last name. :icon_scratch:

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
TnMountains said:
You are welcome guy's. I wonder if Morgan town may have been named from these Morgan's ? It makes sense. Imagine getting off for murder because you swore a blood oath or squirrel hide for eyebrows.

You're right, it was two Virginia brothers named Morgan that discovered and named Morgantown. You couldn't even make up stories like the the squirrel hide deal. lol

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Th3rty7 said:
TnMountains said:

You're right, it was two Virginia brothers named Morgan that discovered and named Morgantown. You couldn't even make up stories like the the squirrel hide deal. lol
I know that's kinda crazy. There many mentions of what they called the revolution and Indian wars and troubles. I need to study this some and get it to other relatives.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
I wonder if U.S. Senator Robert K.K.K. Bird changed the spelling of his last name. :icon_scratch:

??? Anything is possible.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Very interesting Tn. Thanks. It's sobering to read these first hand accounts, knowing the results way down the line. But we should know stories like these, as well as the Indians' side of the matter. I bet Morgan was a very common colonial name.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions