Canada Detecting information PLEASE..........

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... In my area of Ontario (southwestern) everything is covered from HIstorical laws ..... Basically if you find anything of value or historical significance you committed a crime!....

Got a link to this ? Me thinks something else is at play. Or you've gotten some purist archie's rant, etc... Because I'd venture to say that there is people in southwestern Ontario, who are md'ing no problem Yup, even finding old coins. Thus .... got a link to this prohibition that you're speaking of ? That reaches down to even private land, as you suggest ?

.... My house is 260 yrs old and I found a cannon ball in the walls (yes the Americans shot my house with a cannon in the war of 1812) and some arrow heads. I have them on display on my fireplace mantel along with a poison bottle from the 1900s, and a engineers gauge that sights the elevation of a cannon to aim at enemy. All found in my house! ...

Wait, do you see the irony of this ? There is this "imminent threat" and "dire laws" which mean you "can't find anything". Yet you openly tell of old things you found and kept ! Ok, I'll bite: Did you get arrested ?

.... I had a building inspector over and he gave my a stink about them with some unlined threats of getting in trouble with the Historical committee. (as he was on it) ....

BINGO ! Now it's coming into focus. You were talking to a Historical committee person. Who is, no doubt, in league with purist archie types who tend to serve on those museum boards. And sure, you can ALWAYS find some purist archie to spout dire things. They hate md'rs after all. But you have to ask yourself: Does anyone else, besides those 2 or 3, in a random survey of a million people around you, care less ? Of course not. (Barring, as I say, if you were snooping obvious off-limits sensitive sites) .

There's probably not a place on earth, where ...... if you kept asking long enough and hard enough, that you couldn't find someone who'll say "no". Just like if you asked a P.E.T.A. rep. if you can leave your pet bunny in the car while you run into 7-11 to get a soda: They would shreak "NO !". And spout off about animal cruelty laws. And about how your car can be confiscated. And the bunny can suffer in the hot car, etc... But seriously now: Did anyone else except that animal rights wacko care ? Of course not.

So too do you have to sort out some things said by some museum/archie types. Not sayin' to throw caution to the wind. But ... just sayin' not to over-think it.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm…..we do have some Canadian members who detect, and they find some really good stuff. ?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions