got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have posted this as just a token. Wow was I off. It has TOKEN MONTREAL on one side and AGRICULTARL of COMMERCE BAS-CANADA on the other side.
Looks like it's for 1820s or 30s. And it is in good shape. I just have to know what was this doing here in tennessee. Sorry for the new post but I feel that I needed to start over.

DSC03727.JPG DSC03729.JPG

Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find . I have often wondered how they ended up in Tennessee too. I dug a similar Montreal bank token one at an old home site in DeKalb County, TN and learned they were not used after 1835. HH, Quindy.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were used as hard times tokens. they circulated all over the mid-eastern and northeastern U.S. in the 1830s. GREAT find! They are just as good as a Large Cent in my book.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Same with me.. finding a Nazi 50 Reichspfennig in my back yard here in Iowa.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
That came home with someone.

My house was built in 1945.. it was found about 3 feet away from the sidewalk in my back yard.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this Token in an old road bed on a farm. It was the first hit I got. Just started to hunt this place a few weeks back, and have 3hrs in over all. Two flat buttons the Token and some clad.
I feel good about this spot it's in a hot place here I have lots of nice find from all around this farm and now I we be all over this place.
Here is a pic of the road bed.

DSC03696.JPG

Thank's for the look's, see you in the field. HH

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My house was built in 1945.. it was found about 3 feet away from the sidewalk in my back yard.

That's cool there will be some cool stuff there, look's like you have a good start on it.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool token for sure, I found two Nazi coins in the past ten years, A Nazi Penny, And a Nazi dime. service men brought them home by the thousands
and probably the kids would end up playing whit them. ergo we find them now. Cool finds. A small window into a terrible time in the worlds history
God Bless All those who lost there live in that Horrible War..........................HH

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug one of these a couple of years ago in Raymond,NH,they are refered to as Bouquet tokens and were only made a couple of years

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug one of these a couple of years ago in Raymond,NH,they are refered to as Bouquet tokens and were only made a couple of years

Yep. that's what I have got on them this one is in good shape, I have got it cleaned up some what. Thank's for yourr input on this and HH.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool token for sure, I found two Nazi coins in the past ten years, A Nazi Penny, And a Nazi dime. service men brought them home by the thousands
and probably the kids would end up playing whit them. ergo we find them now. Cool finds. A small window into a terrible time in the worlds history
God Bless All those who lost there live in that Horrible War..........................HH

Thank's Gunrunner, and that was a Horrible War. HH

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually not uncommon ............Me & two of my friends have dug half a dozen various Bank of Upper Canada tokens here in Iowa.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually not uncommon ............Me & two of my friends have dug half a dozen various Bank of Upper Canada tokens here in Iowa.

I can see that but in the spot that I pulled it up was not a big city, it was way off the maine roads and way South of the boader lol. Just a little spot in Tennessee. I don't know how common this one was. HH

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Token in an old road bed on a farm. It was the first hit I got. Just started to hunt this place a few weeks back, and have 3hrs in over all. Two flat buttons the Token and some clad.
I feel good about this spot it's in a hot place here I have lots of nice find from all around this farm and now I we be all over this place.
Here is a pic of the road bed.

View attachment 688653

Thank's for the look's, see you in the field. HH

You know, with the concentration of early finds in that one spot (flat buttons, etc.), I'd bet that if you go to one side or another from that road you'll find a house site with a lot more finds.

-Buck

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know, with the concentration of early finds in that one spot (flat buttons, etc.), I'd bet that if you go to one side or another from that road you'll find a house site with a lot more finds.

-Buck

Yep, there is two, but the grass needs to be cut. And they will do that this week I hope. But tell then I work on the out side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread