Canadian half penny Token Question ? ? BR# 996 ?

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently purchased this halfpenny token on e-bay . I first assumed it was part of the early 19th century trade and navagation series of tokens from canada . One site gave a correct verbal discripition of the token and claimed it was A BR# 996. Yet had no pic . I Then found a BR# 996 listed on an old online auction and they had a pic, Yet it was not this token it was an actual TRADE and navagation token . Another site described the token and said it was 1860 Possibly british origin :dontknow: :dontknow: I do not have a token book to reference and as you can see I need help ! Ironpatch ?? Or any other help please ?? MaineRelic

Attachments

• !CCQOH8Q!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKkUE0,TPLW0HBNKg-wcs5Q~~_12.jpg
    !CCQOH8Q!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKkUE0,TPLW0HBNKg-wcs5Q~~_12.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 229
  • !CCQOP2w!2k~$(KGrHqEOKm4EzyjVlVQZBNKg-7Zwpg~~_12.jpg
    !CCQOP2w!2k~$(KGrHqEOKm4EzyjVlVQZBNKg-7Zwpg~~_12.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 216
OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MaineRelic said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks Ironpatch that clears it up ! I got it for a song so I am happy with it ! And thank you for that uk/collections site ! I will definetly spend some time browsing there ! M.R.

Many Canadian tokens are based on similar British designs. That Breton #996 is as well. You weren't going to strike it rich even if it was Canadian so it's just as good a coin.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
MaineRelic said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks Ironpatch that clears it up ! I got it for a song so I am happy with it ! And thank you for that uk/collections site ! I will definetly spend some time browsing there ! M.R.

Many Canadian tokens are based on similar British designs. That Breton #996 is as well. You weren't going to strike it rich even if it was Canadian so it's just as good a coin.
Didn,t think I was going to hit it rich on this token. I was just surprised to find a lack of cconsistencyin iidentifying this token on linee most other tokens I can readily find multiples pics of on line . I priced aCanadiann trade token book the other day $ 79.00. not in the budget ! Perhaps after my boy graduates this year and stops eating me out of house and home ! Lol thanks again M.R.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
MaineRelic said:
Iron Patch said:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MaineRelic said:
Iron Patch said:
MaineRelic said:
Iron Patch said:

Didn,t think I was going to hit it rich on this token. I was just surprised to find a lack of cconsistencyin iidentifying this token on linee most other tokens I can readily find multiples pics of on line . I priced aCanadiann trade token book the other day $ 79.00. not in the budget ! Perhaps after my boy graduates this year and stops eating me out of house and home ! Lol thanks again M.R.

If you look around sometimes you can grab a deal. I know someone who bought a token for $3.00 and sold it for $3,000. Pretty good profit on that one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread