Canadian penny collectors get some breathing room

JobIII

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read that the RCM has pushed back their date to stop distributing pennies. I had to update my previous post about when the stop date would happen. (updated post:Canada Keeps Penny For Now). Originally set for 9/2012 the new stop date is 2/4/2013. Canadian sorters you just got a 6 month extension. Make it count :headbang:

I just happened to buy some Canadian penny bank rolls because I figured how nice it would be to sort while I can get them and now I could have waited another 5 months...

Seems just like my silver transactions. I buy some silver and the price drops, I sell my silver and the price goes up...

I'm interested to see if the RCM ends up making a 2013 Canadian penny.

~JobIII

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for informing us! I wanted to go to canada to see a few things, and while there, pick up some pennies... unfortunately, we still have not applied for our passports therefore we're not going this year, and we are definately not going in the dead of winter! ha. oh well, i guess i will just keep plucking away canadian cents in american boxes for the next 20 years :-)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
thanks for informing us! I wanted to go to canada to see a few things, and while there, pick up some pennies... unfortunately, we still have not applied for our passports therefore we're not going this year, and we are definately not going in the dead of winter! ha. oh well, i guess i will just keep plucking away canadian cents in american boxes for the next 20 years :-)

Just come down to Florida during the winter. 2/3'rds of Canadians come here as it is and leave their coinage behind. Just buy a couple of boxes and take them back with you.

OP
OP
J

JobIII

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting a Passport takes maybe a 2 months maybe. Just complete the paperwork and send it out today. You should have it before the end of September. Which is still an amazing time to see Canada.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuffaloBoy said:

Hey BB, instead of a passport you could instead get an enhanced drivers license. Allows you to enter Canada.

breed12

Jun 19, 2011
okla city okla
Detector(s) used
mxt pro. Cibola - bandido two
i'm saving the canadian pennys that i find to melt down to sell for copper 'can anybody tell me when they stoped using silver for there coins thanks

ecaidies

Jun 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear that the date has been pushed back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread