Canadian Quarter!

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the grocery store and I was looking at the automatic change machine and the back is clear and I thoguht I saw a silver quarter. I found the manager and he opened it up and it was a damn 1986 Canadian Quarter! I bought it none the less, but I thought it was a silver one. Good to know that the manager will open it up if I see a silver dime or another Canadian quarter.

Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
lmao, the exact same thing happened to me at a costco, only it cost me five bucks. It was one of those plastic jar thingies with a picture of a sick child and his story... I said to the lady at the counter, Hey, open that up for me, and I will put five bucks in there for that silver quarter.... So she did, and I sheepishly put my five dollars in there for that silvery "lookin quarter". I got over it real quick since I felt good about contributing five bucks for a kid who needs some help. It was just funny though.

Then the other night, I was doing some CWR of dimes and quarters, and twice, I got all excited. Ohh, there is a silver quar... nope. just a canadian... and then, ohhh, there is a silver di.... nope. just another canadian. I supposse after a while of rim searching, I will be able to tell a silver edge from a canadian edge most of the time, but for now it gets my thumper thumpin for a minute for sure.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing the canadians did well is making coins that fool all of us american coin roll hunters.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
timbobwey said:
One thing the canadians did well is making coins that fool all of us american coin roll hunters.

Perhaps some; but clearly not all.

It just takes practice.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
timbobwey said:

lol they used to get me on the dimes, but now i can see the difference in the reeding. and they just look much to new. i do always check em though, and once i got a nice 1964

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thurmownator said:
timbobwey said:

Perhaps some; but clearly not all.

It just takes practice.

You can usually tell by the reeding.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dump bank's coin counter doesn't take Canadians, so I have to filter them out anyway. And one time, I saw a "Silver Dime" but didn't recognize what was on the heads side. I flipped it over to see "Canada 1943." Yay for an 80% Silver Canadian Dime.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a Magician's Half Dollar?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread